SteakAndCake Publish time 26-11-2019 02:36:40

By-elections

So yesterday, we had 4 by elections.All won by Lib Dems.In Torrington, UKIP had the most losses while the Lib Dems had the most gains.Since this is a clear Pro Brexit to Pro Remain shift, do we think these by-elections are indicative of a shifting national mood on Brexit?

rustybin Publish time 26-11-2019 02:36:41

The British are very conservative by nature. We don't like change. Where we feel significant change is necessary, we like it done quickly. That's not happening.

I think there has possibly been a small shift. But for everyone who would change their vote from Leave to Remain, I think you'd have someone who's seen the EU show their colours and would change their vote from Remain to Leave.

Jezza99 Publish time 26-11-2019 02:36:42

Errr...............................................................................................................................................No.

rancidpunk Publish time 26-11-2019 02:36:42

Agree with Rusty, I think it's more a case that the kippers are completely irrelevant now.
I'd like to see a lib dem resurgence, but they're as lost as Labour and the Tories currently.

EarthRod Publish time 26-11-2019 02:36:42

For a break down of recent by-elections:

By-election results

Poor turnout of voters and not much change except LibDems are gaining a bit and UKIP (who?) loose out.
Pages: [1]
View full version: By-elections