wookielover Publish time 26-11-2019 20:48:08

RBT and battery advice

Hi fellow vape mofo.Currently running a kanga sub tank nano and istick 30w.
Juice is normally a 50/50 pg vg. Looking to get a rebuildable tank ( one I can build my own coils ). Mrs is going to get me one for Xmas.Now I need some advice on what tank to get and whether my battery can handle it or whether I need a new one. I like flavour and clouds. Don't really want to drip rather have the tank but have the fun of rebuilding the coils. So need to know what to ask for ....

razz1979 Publish time 26-11-2019 20:48:09

If you're happy with the flavour & clouds of the subtank nano, go for its big brother the mini, it comes with a rebuildable deck so you can use that or stock coils. I use mine at 25w on my Istick 40 when using 50/50. Uwell crown seems to be the goto tank right now but I think you'll need more power than 30w.

wookielover Publish time 26-11-2019 20:48:10

What's up from the mini? Does rebuilding make a huge differnce ?

razz1979 Publish time 26-11-2019 20:48:11

The next up from the mini is the subtank (7ml) but from what I hear the mini is better. To me it's not massively different to the stock coils, which are the same coils as the nano. It is cheaper once you start rebuilding and was good practice for moving to a dedicated rta (obs crius).

razz1979 Publish time 26-11-2019 20:48:12

The V1 Crius I picked up a couple of months ago sat in the drawer after reading how fiddly the deck was because the post holes were small. Then a fortnight ago I did my first build using the supplied coils, wicked it bang on first time and wow! Amazing. It's relegated my subtank mini to backup tank. OBS have since released a V2 (bigger post holes & a standard 510 drip tip) and a V3 (velocity style deck). I have heard there are some quality issues with both the updated versions so will buy the velocity deck on its own. The subtank mini is great to learn rebuilding with but you'll probably want to upgrade it sooner rather than later.

Peeej Publish time 26-11-2019 20:48:13

UTA 2 Clone?

nacmacfeegle Publish time 26-11-2019 20:48:14

Its not the tank that determines battery suitability, its the coils.
If you get into rebuilding I'd aim for no lower than 0.5 ohms with the Istick 30. Don't worry too much, if you go too low, the Istick probably won't fire.

There's not a huge difference between the Subtank mini and the Nano, flavour and cloud -wise with the same coils in each, I alternate between them all the time.The pre-made coils from your nano will fit the Mini, but the RBA won't fit the Nano.Think of the Mini asa nano with a much larger capacity, and the ability to re-build. Being able to swap around the pre-made coils is a bonus in terms of interchangable spares.
I run claptons in my Minis and really like them almost a year on.If I feel like something more, I bust out my dripper, but for everyday use, Mini or Nano does it for me.
There are loads of third party accessories for the Kangers like coloured glass, stainless tanks, bell caps, etc so I never get bored with my Kangers looks.
BTW I run max VG juice almost exclusively.

wookielover Publish time 26-11-2019 20:48:15

Crius for me having read the reviews. Just need some build tutorials

ewizzy Publish time 26-11-2019 20:48:17

I have a goblin mini that's find really easy to build and wick, and it's my all day every day tank.
I have used zephyrus tanks and the crown uwell and subtanks, and Melo tanks, I still keep coming back to the goblin. Best tank for flavour and great for clouds if that's your bag too.
If you build at 0.4 ohms and higher, then the I stick 30 will fire, below 0.4ohms, then it just says "check atomiser"
Pages: [1]
View full version: RBT and battery advice