ODB_69 Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:25

could anyone tell me if you purchase a Ubisoft game outside of uplay and its added to uplay after installing does it remain on uplay and therefore can be downloaded directly from there in the future

examples being

DRIVER
AC
SPLINTER CELL

Bought some games (capsule and direct download) and Driver wont work no matter what I try. Managed to get it to instal by changing compatibility but then it wont install again after uplay update so was hoping a fresh download directly may do the trick

Razor Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:27

Yes and no. I have ubi games which I have bought but couldn't download from uplay and I have had some that do. I think uplay are working towards a system like steam and origin so I would expect in time you will be able to download all games via uplay.

Have you tried entering the codes in uplay?

ODB_69 Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:28

as in buying from store and seeing if code makes it free? no

edit - doesn't work

samtman Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:29

I had the same problem with Driver. Contacted Ubisoft and just got a reply saying it didn't support Windows 8. Never found a way to get it to work. If you get it working let me know how.

Razor Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:30

Is there no other way to add game to uplay? If not then I guess you have your answer. I am sure in time things will change.

It was only a few days ago that for the first time ever I saw a load of ubi games in my uplay account which previously never showed up.

If your having issues with the capsule then drop greenmangaming a line on their forums.

ODB_69 Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:31

using the setup files I can get it to install but as soon as it goes on uPlay and tries to install there it fails with an 'installer user interface mode not suported'

Win 8 I guess

ODB_69 Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:32

COMPATIBILITY MODE

Windows XP SP 3
16 bit colours

BOOM //static.avforums.com/styles/avf/smilies/clap.gif

iainl7 Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:32

Most places sell UPlay codes, and I think that's what you get in the box as well. But Ubisoft do special versions for Steam (they appear in your catalog as "(game) Steam" or similar. They have to do this to handle the way Steam launches a special version of the UPlay launcher to keep patches in sync.

ODB_69 Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:33

The ones I have are capsule based and driver itself was from get games own downloader

Se to have for everything working with the exception of the new ghost recon which is via gmg's capsule. Its a bit odd cause its downloading and installing fine but once you have installed rather than saying PLAY on capsule its saying INSTALL again and there appears to be nothing in the file its downloading too so I can't even have a look at the setup file itself. Re-downloading at the moment to see if that's the issue but right now I'm stumped

Our Year Publish time 27-11-2019 04:07:34

Dishonored™ - Buy and download on GamersGate
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
View full version: Games Bargains - "You mean we can play them as well?"