Tempest Publish time 27-11-2019 22:49:39

Amazon music as default on an Android Phone?

I'm guessing this is a "NO" as it's a competitor, but hopefully I'm wrong and there is a way to do this.

If you own an Android phone, which the vast majority of those around the world do.
Is there a way to have Amazon Music be the default music service that starts playing when you ask the Google Assistant to play some music?

Thanks.

JAy3001 Publish time 27-11-2019 22:49:40

Afraid not, same as Alexa does not play with Play Music as a music app. Pain in the behind really, petty argument between 2 tech companys that only harms consumers.

I was looking forward to having Alexa and Google assistant on my Sonos setup, but due to what a believe is further tit for tat between the companys you cannot have to 2 systems running side by side.

Tempest Publish time 27-11-2019 22:49:41

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, 100% agree it's a major pain in the bum that just hurts the consumer.

I have Amazon prime, and some Amazon Echo's so it made sense to have Amazon music, but I also have some Google Homes, and an Android smartphone, but can't directly play my Amazon music on them.
I have to use the Amazon music app, THEN I can stream to my Google Cast devices, and music on my Android phone.
But it's just not a nice smooth experience.
That would mean changing to Spotify being the most practical, which would be another £1 a week.

JAy3001 Publish time 27-11-2019 22:49:42

Yeah I know, casting is the only workaround; which is not ideal.

Similar issue for me, had Play Music (soon to be YouTube Music) for years before Amazon music so I have my music uploaded to it and still have purchases on there. We dont have Google assistant in the house, just Amazon so makes it a pain at times.

The one good thing is that the Sonos app allows me to feed any music service to my setup.
Pages: [1]
View full version: Amazon music as default on an Android Phone?