Lancastrian1 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:13:59

Single CCTV camera to monitor our drive

Is it possible to buy a single CCTV camera to monitor the entrance to our drive which will connect to my iPhone
The reason for this is that the gates were tampered with recently

If so can anyone recommend a brand

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:00

Do you want a wired or wireless camera, lots of choice out there. Any idea on budget?

Lancastrian1 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:01

Thank you for prompt reply
Probably prefer a wireless camera
No particular budget requirements - security is very important to us so willing to consider all options
Need something simple as i do not have much technological expeuence

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:01

Arlo, Ring Cam, Nest Cam (needs to be powered) Arlo Pro / HD. I have friends who have the Arlo Pro and they are very good. Ring stick up cameras are quite popular too. I would tend to steer clear of the no-name brands.

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:01

We have a Netatmo Presence floodlight camera which works well. Can view live on your phone, and download recorded clips. It also records directly to an SD card inside the unit.

Live video is reasonable, downloaded clips are better quality. Ours was used by the police to secure a conviction last year.

Lancastrian1 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:02

Thank you mushii and Inked
I will take a look at the suggestions

My knowledge of technology Is limited so my question may be very simplistic but do I have to connect the camera to my Wi-fi network or do I connect it to my phone

On considering where to mount the camera we have a sun roof which looks out onto the drive / gates and there is an external power point so I would be able to have a powered unit if needs be

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:02

The Netatmo is hard wired (just like an external light) and connects to the home WiFi enabling you to view it wherever you are as long as you have internet access on your phone.

Thank you - I am trying to narrow down what best suits our needs - Are there any stores in the UK which supply / displayvarious brands where I can discuss which is best for our needs

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:03

Sadly there are no stores to look at this stuff anymore. I would look at an Arlo Pro 2 from Amazon £260. If it doesn’t work for you return it within 14 days for a refund. It will do everything you need it to do and is totally wire free. You will need to locate it in a position where it cannot be stolen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
View full version: Single CCTV camera to monitor our drive