john039 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:35

Remote garage door sensor.

After leaving my remote control garage door wide open and driving off more than once, is there anything I can fit to it to alert me on my phone that the door is open/closed?
Same when I get home, shut garage door then have to wait and watch while it (slowly) closes before heading indoors.
Any help appreciated, thanks.

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:36

For basic alerts you could probably use a WiFi door/window sensor

Smart Window Door Magnet Sensor Detector Compatible with Alexa Google Home IFTT Controlled by Phone iPhone Tablet for Home Burglar Security Alarm System (1 Pack) Smart Window Door Magnet Sensor Detector Compatible with Alexa Google Home IFTT Controlled by Phone iPhone Tablet for Home Burglar Security Alarm System (1 Pack): Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

For more functionality you could get an ismartgate opener. I use one with Apple HomeKit, can open/close via the app or by voice, and it comes with a tilt sensor or reed switch depending on what type of garage door you are using it with.
https://www.avforums.com/data/attachments/1146/1146502-253e2a3e5f82b0bdce1af7ce7a2c9d80.jpg

Cliff Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:37

If you have a newer Chamberlain or Liftmaster you can get an app to control the doorsfrom your phone. Apparently it tells you whether they are open or not.
More details here..
                                                                                                                                                                                                        NEW Chamberlain Evolution Garage Door Openers from EasyGates.                                                                                                        Smooth and Silent Smartphone Operated garage Door Openers from Chamberlain                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.easygates.co.uk

john039 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:38

Thanks both. I'll look into it.
It's a Novoferm make.
I did a Google search but obviously didn't put the right terms in.

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:39

You can check compatibility of the iSmartgate here
                                                                                                                                                                                /proxy.php?image=https://ismartgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ismartgate_header_logo.gif&hash=ec1cc114bd7755cc0ce3c3df93bb3ced&return_error=1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Compatibility Checker - Ismartgate                                                                                                        Compatibility Checker   If your garage or gate opener is not on the list just send us an e-mail at indicating your operator’s brand and model.    1. Select Manufacturer:Select Manufacturer ...    2. Select Model:                                                                                                                                                                                /proxy.php?image=https://ismartgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ismartgate_iPhone_Favicon.png&hash=71a0b62627f39dd571399ab9d5c41e94&return_error=1                                                                                                                                ismartgate.com

john039 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:40

That looks like it could be perfect.
I can only get a price in Euros though?
How do you find the alerts, and is it easy to see on phone the door position, as in once I drive off I would need an alert is still open?
Did you include the camera with yours and do you find it useful?
Thanks for any answers.

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:41

They are available from amazon from £129 to £199 depending on which model you require.

I use the Apple home app with HomeKit so my notifications come through on that and I can check it’s status in the home app (as in the pic I posted further up)
If you use an iPhone and have CarPlay in your car you are also able to open and close the garage on screen and via Siri there.

I never bothered with their camera as it’s £109, I just purchased a £25 Neos smart cam instead as I only wanted it as an extra way to make sure the garage door was closed.

john039 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:42

Thank you for taking the time.
I didn't think to look on Amazon just on the photo link, I'll get on to it now.

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:44

No worries. Does your car have CarPlay? This is what pops up on screen whenever I’m leaving / coming home and I get close enough to my house.
Once it appears I can either click on the “button” or ask Siri to open/close the garage door.
Once away from the house it disappears and if you ask Siri via voice, it will ask you to unlock your phone. It all works very well.

https://www.avforums.com/attachments/b8ec6c06-8059-4564-a79f-b133bb7525e3-jpeg.1218304/

Markr123 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:14:45

1 for the ismartgate. Got one from amazon (the pro version as supports up to 3 doors (or 2 doors and a gate)). Use it with HomeKit and its superb so far after being installed about 10 days now. I have disabled access to it from the ismartgate cloud service as didn’t like the idea of that. Also switched off the annoying beeps via the settings. Didn’t go for the camera as already have cctv looking at garage door.
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Remote garage door sensor.