dms Publish time 1-12-2019 21:18:51

Replacement remote for old garage system (PDT 2002?)

When I bought the house the previous owners couldn't give me a remote for the garage door.The couple of electricians I've had come by haven't been able to help and local companies just want to quote to replace the receiver.

I've finally taking the casing off the unit myself and worked our it's a PDT circuit board.It also looks extremely similar to the body shown in this manual which mentions PDT.The dip switches referred to are all there.

http://abigaragedoors.co.uk/pdf/somfy/rollertech_install_guide.pdf                       
Any suggestions on what remote I may be able to get to try and program for use with my system?

Here is a photo of the board, I've taken off the serial and another number in case they are related to programming the code ;-)

https://www.avforums.com/data/attachments/1145/1145461-44b222a83d2e0fe192f158e65bdfacb1.jpg

Puntoboy Publish time 1-12-2019 21:18:53

Take a look at this Shelly 2.5 - Shelly Cloud

Not a remote I know but a good alternative.

Markr123 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:18:53

My single garage remote was on its way out for our garage door openers. The replacement remote cost was just silly. I’m just trying the ismartgate Pro. Installed a week ago and super simple (both install and use). So far, REALLY impressed.
Linked to Apple HomeKit (Android also supported via the app) We can now just use our phones.

Cliff Publish time 1-12-2019 21:18:54

You have a fixed code receiver on 433MHz.You can buy learning remotes but without the original remote there is nothing to learn!

I would buy a small two channel remote and receiver with two buttons for open and close.
The new remote receiver has two channels (open and close) operating two relays.
Connect relay contacts for open to your terminals T14 and T13
Connect second relay contacts for closing to terminals T14 and T15. (use normally open)
This is labelled 'comms' on your control board.

You have 12 volts power for the receiver on T10 positive (red) T11 negative (black)

This would do. 3 remotes included. Use in jog mode, not latch by the way.
                                                                                                                                                                                /proxy.php?image=https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/crIAAOSwZWNdC-PS/s-l400.jpg&hash=99d163046e8790661b84d3d1afd84334&return_error=1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Gate Garage Opener Relay Wireless Remote Control Switch Transmitter Receiver Kit| eBay                                                                                                        Jog/Non-Latched: Press one button is Working /ON. Inter-lock /Latched: Press one button is working/ON, press another button is stop/OFF.Modulation mode: ASK.Encode mode: Learning code(1527).Decoding mode: MCU software decoding.                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.ebay.co.uk
Pages: [1]
View full version: Replacement remote for old garage system (PDT 2002?)