mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:19:40

Monocle - CCTV on Amazon devices

I have been looking for a while now on how to get my Hikvision CCTV on my many TVs around the house using Smart Devices. i have seen that Alexa integrates easily with Ring Doorbells, Arlo etc but Hikvision, being a Pro/Semi-Pro product has never much been designed for the smart market.

I finally found something that comes close to what I wanted - Monocle

Monocle

A CCTV aggregator that takes your IP Cam / NVR Feed and displays it on Amazon Video enabled Products (Firestick / Fire TV / Echo Show etc) and uses the Alexa Voice technology - Alexa Show Front Door shows me my front door RTSP camera feed.

Now this is not perfect, there is still a 6 - 7 second delay before it shows the camera feed (mainly due to Amazon's RTSP decoding engine and a few seconds of buffering) but it is a very good start.

There are other solutions out there that I have tried, but this is the only one, so far, that has allowed me to get anywhere close to smart home integration, using off the shelf products.

Puntoboy Publish time 1-12-2019 21:19:41

Looks good. I have have a Raspberry Pi connected for a the couple of TVs I want to watch the feeds on.

andymet87 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:19:42

Interesting and will investigate this. I notice that it is in beta testing atm... do we have any idea of likely cost when they monetise the service?
Pages: [1]
View full version: Monocle - CCTV on Amazon devices