Sean49 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:19:59

Hikvision CCTV pre-purchase advice

Hikvision CCTV pre-purchase advice

Hi,

I need some CCTV system advice please. It is to cover my car parked at rear of my terraced house, camera at eaves level

Very poorly lit, - My main requirement is the camera must cover to 25 metres at night time, not buy under a 30M range.

I only need one camera for now, but may expand to 3 extra in future.

Hikvision seems a good quality product product & reviews. I prefer POE rather than wireless, Darkfighter video example looks good at night.

Would the system below be ok, as a starter.

Hikvision 1x 2.8mm Darkfighter IP PoE Bullet Camera 4 Channel 4K POE NVR CCTV Kit DS-2CD2045FWD-I

Regards & Thanks Sean

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:20:00

You won’t get 30m illumination from the built in IR LEDs. And if it is pretty dark at night Darkfighter is not ideal; It does need a little ambient light to work. If you want 30m illumination, figure to install an IR illuminati or a separate PIR activated floodlight.

Sean49 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:20:01

Thanks for your help.
Is it correct that Hikvision can only be bought by trade, not public?
Regards Sean

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:20:02

Technically yes, but there are retailers who ‘bend’ the rules. They make you register with them, then will sell to you, but you don’t get the trade discounts,

ruffage Publish time 1-12-2019 21:20:03

Eh? I bought my Hikvision camera from Amazon.

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:20:04

There are grey imports, which do not have official U.K. firmware available through retail channels. Generally you will not be able to update the firmware and Hik UK will refuse to provide any support or warranty.. Genuine Hik distribution partners are contractually bound not to retail to the general public. Eh

Puntoboy Publish time 1-12-2019 21:20:05

Not always the case. I have bought a camera from Amazon before. UK model with UK firmware.

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:20:05

Then they would not be from a legitimate Hik distribution partner and Hik are unlikely to honour any warranty or provide any technical support.

ruffage Publish time 1-12-2019 21:20:05

I don’t need the technical support, and it’s never gone wrong during its warranty period. Still sounds like bs to me.

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:20:06

Well some people believe the earth is flat and vaccines harm children, doesn’t make them right though!

In the mean time you may wish to read this

HikVision End of Supply 4-8-17

Or this

Hikvision Bans Online Resell Worldwide
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Hikvision CCTV pre-purchase advice