Munzz Publish time 1-12-2019 21:21:13

Wishful thinking for both of us! The cost is huge; didn’t realise they’d be as expensive as they are!

My £14 blinds from eBay will have to do!

chris ellis80 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:21:14

Apologies for jumping on an old thread.I just wondered how you were getting on with the the RA2 select.I am considering it as it appears to do all I need.

One thing I saw is that you can only do the full scene configuration from contractor mode which isn't available if the system is purchased directly.Is this correct - if so what functionality is missing and has that prevented you being able to achieve the lighting control required?

Thanks,Chris

shahedz Publish time 1-12-2019 21:21:15

Full scene configuration - as far as I’m aware you can do everything yourself . I haven’t had any limitations , and have managed to add PIRS integrate sonos,etc
I really do like the system it’s so easy to use and set up .

Munzz Publish time 1-12-2019 21:21:15

x2 - I’ve not had any struggles or limitations, I’m only running one inline dimmer at the moment but hoping to add more next year, so far so good.

Jabes Publish time 1-12-2019 21:21:16

I've just had the Lutron rep round with the demo kit.She showed me the configuration, how the blinds work (she had a pop up window in a case!), all the programming etc.It's a very impressive system.We did a range check from the controller hub, and it reaches outside my house even through thick stone walls to outbuildings that I hadn't even thought about enabling with Lutron.

Having experimented with a number of different systems in the past, I was super impressed. Since it integrates with IFTTT, Homekit, etc seems like it would fit alongside pretty much anything else.I wonder if there is a public API?

Just got to price it up...

shahedz Publish time 1-12-2019 21:21:16

It's a great system. Criticisms are the inline dimmers are quite big so fine if you're putting them in the void above a spot light but you need to create a hole to push them through and then hope a pendent light can cover the hole if you're hanging a pedent light.

Also its annoying they don't have a plug in inline dimmer which would be so much easier to use. like most other smart plugs, plug it in, turns on and off and dims like an inline dimmer. Its annoying having a lamp mains lead and wire in an inline dimmer in-between.

However besides that , very, very reliable. Have not ever lost a connection , or had to press a button twice. Programming is ridiculously easy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
View full version: Anyone using Lutron RA2 Select? My own RA2 set up