olisun Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:48

Visonic PowerMaster 33 random Siren

Hi,

I bought the Visonic PowerMaster 33 Kit in July 2017 and got it fitted by a registered and authorised Visonic installer. The system has been working fine till now until recently where the siren has gone off twice (after it was armed) in the afternoonx.

There were /areno messages in the console nor was there any break in attempt.

Both the times my neighbour's wife called my wife to report it and they find it very annoying when the siren goes off very loudly. I knowwould find it annoying if the system keeps doing it regularly.

The installer had emailed me recently with a quote of £160 for servicing the alarm and replacing all the batteries. During the email conversation I did question him about the need to the change the batteries annually and also the 2 incidents with the siren going off.He stopped responding to my emails.

Any ideas what could be causing the alarm and is there any way to by pass the external siren for the time being till this is fixed?

olisun Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:50

Anyone?

Fabien Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:51

Is the siren wired or wireless?

Fabien

olisun Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:51

It's a wireless system.

Fabien Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:52

I have seen systems where the MESH (or 2 way comms) network (for wireless comms) has been setup incorrectly. The bellbox looses comms with the panel, as it is normally the furthest away (thinks it’s under attack) and goes off. (This can also be due to external interference where the bellbox thinks the signal is being jammed)
There was no indication on the panel either.

Maybe there is something on the panel where you can check the MESH (or 2 way comms) connectivity, and see signal strength to the bellbox.

Batteries in the wireless siren should last 18-24months (as long as they are Lithium-ion - if not, these can fail due to temperature)

Hopefully you have the engineers code so you can do some tests?

Fabien

Ianandanne Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:53

Hi hope I can help, there are several things to check:-

1. Make sure the sound has come from your sounder - youd be amazed how many times some one has reported a noise coming from an old siren on another alarm that is still connected but not used.
2. Is the panel connected to the phone line so it calls you when activated?
3. Have you got access to the event log to check?

The fee the guy asked for was to service your alarm, the batteries probably don't need changing (they will last 3 years _ normally)If you need further help let me know..

olisun Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:54

I can't see any option to check the signal levels in the console.

olisun Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:56

1) Yes I can confirm it was my sounder because there were people passing by who looked up to my siren (and gave a damn as they walked by), A policeman on patrols stopped and rang my door bell before talking to neighbours, My CCTV camera units have microphones so they pick up all the external sounds.

2) Yes it does and it has worked fine during the tests and once my wife forgot the alarm was set and opened the door. The system called both of us.

3) I have got the installer code (changed it) but I don't know where to look for the event log in the console. I can't see any events in the Visonic Go app other than that 2 of my window units from the rear of the property keep going offline randomly. This is not new and I think it's due to the distance from the main unit.

ATM the main box is under the TV unit and I am planning to move it somehow closer to the middle of the room (and hidden).

olisun Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:57

I managed to view the event log and I can see one event where the kitchen window detector became inactive and then active back approx 20 minutes later.

Ianandanne Publish time 1-12-2019 21:24:57

If you go into installer menu, control panel and disable missing report and inactive alert will fix it..
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Visonic PowerMaster 33 random Siren