Markr123 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:15

@mushii ah, ok. Yes, I’m somewhat sceptical of these “consumer” items that miss critical parts of access control, security and safety that only emerge to the user after install or something goes wrong. Avoid any security related item like door / gate openers that “feature” Alexa integration.
Thoughts on doorbird? Reliable? Secure?

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:16

Doorbird is pretty much an industry standard intercom. It’s pretty solid and very reliable. My access security installer uses them a lot.

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:17

The iSmartGate doesn’t have any. It is simply a receiver/hub for HomeKit Which is wired directly into an existing controller to enable basic smart home functionality - open/ close command, with either a tilt sensor or reed switch sensor to notify you if your garage door is in the open or closed position.

It is essentially no different to using your key fob button to open or close the garage / gate except you are doing it from your phone or by voice.

I would expect the original fitted equipment to have the safety features fitted (for example, my garage door has both sensor bars down the sides as well as an obstruction sensor in the bottom rubber strip of the door. These are not in any way negatively affected by the installation of the ismartgate (2 wires into the original control box)

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:18

@Inked thanks, makes sense.

Puntoboy Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:19

The Shelly 2.5 can be used for roller shutters and other motorised systems. Shelly 2.5 - Shelly Cloud

bbasra Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:20

Thanks Guys.

The CAME BXV06AGS - 801MS-0180 motors are going in today with all the safety sencors and operating fobs.

I'm going to order the ismartgate PRO gate and an additional ismartgate Wireless Magnetic Sensor for the other sliding gate motorThe Pro can operate upto 3 devices.

I've got a cheap GSM module which i'll connect to one as a backup should my wifi go down and got the fobs.

I've already got the Arlo Pro 2 camera(s) and it appears it's supported with the IOS HomeKit App so it should nicely integrate.Just a wireless doorbell left to choose - The Arlo one isn't compatible with the Homekit as yet.

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:21

Let us know how you go on with the entire install, would be great to have another product to look at.

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:21

Just saw the update re Arlo cameras this morning, I need to add more cameras into my HomeKit setup, I’ll be interested to see your thoughts on them as I’m currently using a mix of Netatmo and Logi Circle, with a bunch of cheap Neos cams dotted around which don’t integrate.
Pages: 1 [2]
View full version: Gate Automation