Ryanm1221 Publish time 1-12-2019 22:14:53

Help. All remote control buttons switch TV off

Good day all, my parents have owned a JVC LT-39C770(A) 39-inch LED Smart TV for the past 12 months with no problems.

However, for the past week every time we push any button on the remote control, the television will switch off, then switch back on after several seconds. They are unable to change the volume, channels or access any of the menus; as the television just switches off then switches back on again.

This also occurs when you use the Sky remote to access the television. I can press any button on the Sky remote and it switches the television off, then on again.

I've checked all of the cables, the remote is the original that came with the television and there are no buttons on the television to access the menus directly.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Mods; this is my first post, so feel free to move, edit, alter the post as necessary.

Kind Regards,

Ryan

JayCee Publish time 1-12-2019 22:14:54

There is.
It's a multi-function switch on the rear. It Toggles L & R and has a centre pushbutton.
Check page 11 of your user manual (available online if you Google it)

Ryanm1221 Publish time 1-12-2019 22:14:55

Apologies; forgot to mention that.Operating this multi-function switch also causes the television to switch off, then on again.

JayCee Publish time 1-12-2019 22:14:56

The most basic thing to try but often fixes weird faults...have you tried power-cycling it as in remove the mains plug wait a few minutes then plug it back in and power it back on?
Pages: [1]
View full version: Help. All remote control buttons switch TV off