guile Publish time 1-12-2019 22:29:17

Can't seem to get the settings right...

I'm a gamer and use my tv only for gaming.I have a PS4 connected. it's a 4k uhdtv and my PS4 settings are automatic. the tv is "55 and when i play games, things in the background liike kinda blurred, eyes teeth and whites look flicking and some things look matted, i sit 6 feet from the tv when playing. what can i do to fix this, my tv picture format is on auto. please give me some tips thank you kindly.

backlight 30 (max)
color 55
brightness 50
contrast 67
sharpness 2
all extra settings off.

[email protected] Publish time 1-12-2019 22:29:18

TV model would be useful unless it's a Visio or TCL. (Visio isn't sold in the UK and TCL are not as widely sold at the moment)
I'm guessing you've had a look in the manufacturer specific sections?
When you say your settings are on auto...what do you mean as most TVs will have settings for standard/movie/dynamic/game/pc etc.
It's be difficult for anyone to help without a bit more information.

EndlessWaves Publish time 1-12-2019 22:29:19

A screenshot or photograph of the problem would be useful.

A blurred background is a deliberate effect in a lot of games (you sometimes have the option to turn off depth of field effects in settings) and I'm not sure what whites looking flicking or some things looking matted means

guile Publish time 1-12-2019 22:29:19

Hmm I have no idea

guile Publish time 1-12-2019 22:29:19

it'sa Philips 5000 series smart tv. and the picture is on "standard" there is no game mode. white lines look too white.

[email protected] Publish time 1-12-2019 22:29:20

guile/cobrakai85...(I assume you're the same user)... Did you try the settings from user Darbo in the SDR or HDR thread started as Cobrakai85 in the Philips TV forum?
Pages: [1]
View full version: Can't seem to get the settings right...