grahamricho Publish time 2-12-2019 01:56:35

Editing osmo pocket footage?

I have just ordered an DJI osmo pocket mainly for holiday trips.
Waiting for it to arrive but just thinking after I take some video, how is the best way to edit them if I take them in 4k?

I have a reasonable pc, a old ipad and a lower end Samsung a40 phone?

grahamricho Publish time 2-12-2019 01:56:36

I really want to edit them and then mainly send them to people on WhatsApp etc.

Don't want to spend a fortune on some editing software just want to splice different clips together and a few titles and a bit of music?

Terfyn Publish time 2-12-2019 01:56:36

IMO it pays to invest in a decent editor. Basically most cams these days are just point and shoot so any interest comes from editing the results. All editors will splice the clips, cut the shots to pace the video, add music and voiceover, improve the quality of the raw video and add effects.
The editor will also render the final mix into a number of formats suitable for DVD, Blu-Ray, YouTube etc. I save my videos to SD card for my Blu-Ray player and USB stick for my projector.

12harry Publish time 2-12-2019 01:56:37

Er, yes,. . .but OP needs to be sure the chosen EDIT-software will work with his PC ( most vendors offer a 30-day free trial, so this should be used to check the whole editing/render process - even if you have just a handful of short clips. ).
Modern Editors are 64-bit so this is the first hurdle, unless your PC is very new and- should have at least 8Gb RAM ( although for any fancy editing 16 is often stipulated). Some Editors make use of the Graphics card - another minefield which the 30-day trial should resolve.
OP needs to check what format the camcorder is outputting and make sure the Editor-software will accept this.
Then there's the Rendering - this Editor should be able to render to many file-types.... but some playback systems will accept only certain types - another issue to check.

I'm surprised the camcorder doesn't have some bundled software to perform basic edits - however, the whole process must suit the Audience.... If they are viewing on a 'phone then the screen-size probably means "even HD" is unnecessary and 4K will add significant time to transmission. IMHO 4K is really beneficial for projected showings, where the screen is in excess of 10 feet.For anything smaller, HD is acceptable - even for stills.
      "Content is King" remains the key to any audience satisfaction.
For Holiday Trips, try also to take short details of each venue, so the EDIT can have starts/finishes at each day/location - otherwise the whole may appear to be a continuous event and the appearanceit's at one place and time. Editing is quite a demanding Art -( er, when you get it right),- but it's made much harder if the files don't contain enough details - many of which can be discarded,. . . but you only know this afterwards. Add Stills for things like Signposts, Town name-boards and Warning Notices as these can help the Audience share the trip.

BTW, let us know how the Osmo performs for you.

Cheers

Terfyn Publish time 2-12-2019 01:56:38

You may need a better projector. The projector I have gives a perfect picture for a screen size of 300" on both HD and SD.

JabbaNut Publish time 2-12-2019 01:56:38

/proxy.php?image=https://cdns.kinguin.net/media/category//2/-/2-1024_5419.jpg&hash=a927bd98a548c7b2e621fa54f0dbd4a2&return_error=1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                MAGIX Fastcut Standalone Digital CD Key | Buy cheap on Kinguin.net                                                                                                        MAGIX Fastcut Standalone Digital CD Key   Platform: Other   Release Date:04/12/2014      Product DescriptionMAGIX Fastcut                                                                                                                                                                                /proxy.php?image=https://cdns.kinguin.net/media/favicon/stores/1/favicon.png&hash=bee8f91dc74d35fe066c0c61742796f4&return_error=1                                                                                                                                www.kinguin.net
Pages: [1]
View full version: Editing osmo pocket footage?