JH4 Publish time 2-12-2019 02:09:55

Panasonic HC-VXF1 Will it live stream ? and In 4K ?

Thinking of getting this for outside live streaming. Maybe to Facebook, or similar.Will it do it in 4K live, or does it just stream pre recorded files ? The manual is a little unclear on this. Any tips gratefully accepted.

Terfyn Publish time 2-12-2019 02:09:56

the HC-V800 and the VX1 output via the HDMI connector when in standby and record mode so I expect the VXF1 will do also. Your problem would be getting the HDMI output into your PC.
I have no idea if you can directly feed Facebook this way and would always edit and render any video going in that direction.

12harry Publish time 2-12-2019 02:09:57

The VXF1 has some minor features lacking in VX1, I recall somewhere that the output was not 4K when recording.... this should apply to the lesser-model - but could apply to all of them - it's down to processor-power and the number of Users that "must-have" the feature . . . and many folks won't need it, I guess. Also many folks won't realise it's HD - look at the time it took to kill SD.

I know nowt about facebook, but suspect a good story (or v.brief clip) will win over precise technical details. It's said the human eye can't read 4K unless the screen is about 40" - so it follows, mobile phone users are wasting their money attempting to watch 4K . .. although there could be minor side-benefits.

FWIW, Some Techy folks think we should go to 12-bit colour, rather thanpush pixels. This is particularly true for nature, skin-colours, I understand.

Don't blame you! The Manual -is made confusing by covering several models - you'd think that as Manuals are in PDF form, they could apply EDIT to reduce the number of pages and Index... to make their customers' lives a little easier- but this doesn't appear to be the case, IMHO.

Good Luck.

chrishull3 Publish time 2-12-2019 02:09:58

Edited 4K is fine for youtube as it can be watched on largescreen tvs and the picture improvement is worth it but for facebook there is not a big gain there ,it may pay to ask a well known camera shop before purchasing the cameraif it will live streem 4K before you get the camera.
Pages: [1]
View full version: Panasonic HC-VXF1 Will it live stream ? and In 4K ?