stearman65 Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:26

Sony FDR-AX33

I'm considering buying the above & have been trying to find if it supports Time Lapse & Slow Motion video formats, up to now I've struck out. I've been through the manual but not found anything on the subject. Does anyone know?

12harry Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:26

Those features are not ones that Sony shouts about, so if you can't see it it's probably not present.Hopefully as it's a popular Model, others here can speak from Experience - butit's a special requirement and many folks may not delve that far into the capabilities.Does it have "Golf-Shot" that's the technique Sony pushes for sport-improvement, but it no use for most other aspects, IMHO.

[ My CX410 ( HD-only ), has5x slow-mo ( stretching 2-sec to 11-Sec.), but it's mighty difficult getting the time-window right and the effect if slightly below HD - but can be stretched another 4x in Vegas Studio . . . and again if you render that sequence..... but without that, it's about 500 fps, which is pretty good for a consumer camcorder.... but there's no "interval mode" provided. Using the remote-control I can get jog-free Stills which can be made into a Sequence.... that's about as close as mine goes. FWIW.].

Terfyn may be experienced with Pana-models, which I believe may support these requirements.
Cheers

Terfyn Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:27

For what it is worth. The Panasonic HC-V750 (and its replacement the HC-V770) has both time lapse and slo-mo (in MP4)
Time lapse 1sec/10sec/30sec/1min/2min per frame and at 25 fps you can extrapolate the setting you may need.

stearman65 Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:28

Thanks both. I chose the Sony as Wex were advertising it at a good price compared to Amazon & they offered £320 on my Panny FZ1000 against one. I'm now looking at the Panny VXF990EKB. I'll take a look at the HC-V770, thanks.

Had a quick look at the HC-V770, it doesn't have a separate view finder. Just back from a holiday in Holland where I used my CX405 quite extensively, it too doesn't have a viewfinder & in sunny conditions it was impossible to see the screen 90% of the time, which is why I was looking at camcorders with separate viewfinders. Wex don't have the VXF990EKB in stock so I've asked Jessops for a quote on my FZ1000 & the wife's Fuji SL1000. She's going to take over my CX405 & I'll have the new one whichever I get.//static.avforums.com/styles/avf/smilies/clap.gif//static.avforums.com/styles/avf/smilies/clap.gif//static.avforums.com/styles/avf/smilies/clap.gif

chrishull3 Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:28

Yes i used to have a FZ1000,great camera for stills and video,i doubt you you will get as good quality video with a Sony FDR-AX33 as it has has a smaller sensor,having said that the FZ82 has a small sensor but has a very good PQ and incredible zoom but i would not advise having one except for long zoom wildlife type filming.Good luck

I've now decided the Panny VXF990EKB will be my first choice, see what Jessops come back with their P/ex offer. After our Dutch holiday, we/I made the decision to ditch our bridge cameras, as most of the stuff I do goes on YouTube & you don't see many still shows on there. I took my FZ1000 my Sony CX 405 & my SJCam Legend on our Dutch boating holiday, & the wife took her Fuji SL1000. I told her to get as much video as possible, but she really struggled with it. She's 76 & has arthritis in her hands. She tried my SonyCX405 & found it easier to handle, so she's keeping that & we are selling the bridge cameras. I didn't even get the FZ1000 out of its case. Will report back when Jessops come back.

arty tribe Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:28

Good to see you back in the saddle, I think at one time you were thinking of giving up, now you've even got a camera assistant. Keep going

chrishull3 Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:29

Bridge cameras do video as well Arty                                 Good luck all the very best l using your Panny VXF990EB its a good cam.

stearman65 Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:29

I've now took the plunge & ordered the Panasonic VXF990EKB from Jessops, arrives this afternoon. Although I had an offer for my FZ1000 of £320 from Wex, they didn't have one in stock & Jessops did. I have put my wife's Fuji SL1000 in mint condition for sale on here at £185. It has a spare battery, original box & all the stuff that it came with. Originally bought from Amazon, not a gray import. Would haggle a little with a forummember. Stearman65.                                       
                                                                        https://www.avforums.com/attachments/336712-xcitefun-fujifilm-finepix-sl1000-3-jpg.1030565/
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Sony FDR-AX33