chrishull3 Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:51

Camcorders like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-HC-VX870EB-K-Camcorder-Wireless-Camera/dp/B00S9BDA5Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1528653537&sr=8-6&keywords=panasonic camera 4k do record HD as well

12harry Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:51

Terfyn #5Post - Not sure I am still believing that a Stills camera is"better" ( for Still Video).... in general they have inferior sound and many have non-articulated LCD screens.
Where there seems to be a serious difference is in ND filters... you have to pay a lot for a camcorder with this feature, whereas some(cheaper) Stills-Bridge cameras have this built-in.As they appear to lack some video-features I wonder why ND is incorporated, since with Stills you can push the shutter-speed if you want to force a large aperture ( for shallow DoF).
Both Sony and Pana offer stills cameras with long-zooms and ND filters ( Sony because their lens is "fixed" at f/2.8*- even up to 600mm ) - an optical feat that I find quite hard to believe. I'm not sure why the Pana is similarly endowed..... but I did read the flap for ext-mic prevent this being changed....
Also, in general the batteries on Stills-Cameras are low capacity and you have to take the camera apart...whereas with a camcorder batteries are easy to change and usually available in higher capacities.... although Terfyn's Power-Bank suggestion probably negates this - along with much cost - While Mfrs include battery-chips to prevent other Makes being used.

* - unsure- and their model numbers are somewhat confusing, too.

chrishull3 Publish time 2-12-2019 02:21:52

Another very good bridge camera,long lasting battery,articulated lcd,very good sound ,720mm in video recording mode,izoom doubles that.
Pages: 1 [2]
View full version: Hf100 Replacement