AdsterUK Publish time 2-12-2019 04:41:10

Music constantly cuts out using Echo on mesh network

My original setup of 2 Echo devices in different rooms connected to my BT router worked flawlessly, but since adding a mesh network I get audio dropping out every 10 minutes or less when listening to spotify or radio.

Kit:
2 x Amazon Echo
3 x Tenda Nova MW3
50mbps broadband (generally rock solid)

I've tried everything I can think of. I've swapped all the devices around, I've factory reset the Echos to remove the old BT network and I've fiddled with every setting the nova's have.Music generally cuts out less often if I tell it to play multi-room, but it will still cut out at least once a hour. The echos never give any indication they've lost connectivity and the novas show the echos as still connected.I've wondered if its the echos jumping from node to node, but I've not even seen any evidence that happens. Theres also a slight indication that it happens less (or not at all) if the echo is connected to the primary node.

At this point the echos are useless for playing music, does anyone have any ideas?I've heard stories that the MW3 aren't the best, but I dont want to buy another mesh network and discover it makes no difference at all.

AdsterUK Publish time 2-12-2019 04:41:11

Update in case anyone with a similar issue comes across this in future. After much messing about at the weekend I discovered that switching the Nova's to bridged mode networking has all but stopped the dropouts.

AnalogKid Publish time 2-12-2019 04:41:12

Mine were rock solid for 2 months and recently the tenda mesh has started playing up.

The echos won't respond about 1 in 5 times

I've always been in bridge mode.

I had three units in a small house. Once the issue started a few weeks ago I thought the echos might be bouncing between different nodes.

I now run with 2 mesh modes at opposite ends of the house

Still the same issues

Have tried everything.. Resetting echos.. Resetting all the mesh units etc.

Same issues have arisen with a new Mate 20 pro smartphone.

WiFi is still showing on the the phone.. But there is not data being downloaded.

Bl4ckGryph0n Publish time 2-12-2019 04:41:13

Make certain you don't also have the same SSID on the broadband router. Handover on the Mesh is good, but handover to a completely different device may be an interfering. Just a guess.

I've been running 5 Tenda MW3 without any issues. Saying that I only have one Amazon Echo, our predominant choice is Apple HomePod of which we have 4 without any issues.

AnalogKid Publish time 2-12-2019 04:41:14

Thanks for the response.

From day 1 I've had WiFi on the primary router turned off.

The issues have arisen since the last tenda firmware update.

I might try and find a way to drop the firmware back
Pages: [1]
View full version: Music constantly cuts out using Echo on mesh network