borderman Publish time 2-12-2019 05:01:11

CCTV not showing cams outside Wi-Fi

Anyone know what could be causing this issue I have a CCTV system that I can view from a Wi-Fi prospective but when I switch to 4G the cameras will not show on the app supplied but will launch cameras on Wi-Fi as soon as it disable Wi-Fi nothing happens. I've tried using my IP address as well but this doesn't work either.

There is an option to scan the barcode which is part of the DVRwhich inputs the settings of the DVR but this does not work either I've even inputted the IP addresses separate it says it's no conflict within the settings what is blocking this I've also tried DMZ which is not advisabledoes not make the difference
At times on certain settings it looks like the camera is goes to load but it's just gives blank boxes it's like it'strying to connect but then fails to connect
I have port forwarde
d and then triedwhat I know but I still cannot get the cameras to broadcast on my phone app it's as if the router on network is blocking it I've tried a couple of port settings to try overcome this problem but to no avail I failed the CCTV system has a built-in server but I've signed up with that and that doesn't work either I would like to link it so my phone directly there is an option to add device and then put the settings which shows the cams working do I need a d y n s to over come this problem or is there an easier way to overcome this problem any help would fully be appreciated and guidance if possible if anyone can help I can send some pictures of the settings within the DVR I've not come across this problem before only with this system. I'm currently using Virgin media superhub 3 which are my other system works perfectly
Network state connected
hard wired rj45
IP LAN.      
Sub mask correct
Default gateway correct
Preferred DNS server
Alternative DNS server
IP conflict no conflict
IP address (WAN)
Mediaport.
And wear port these have numbers in each of them.
Other settings are obtaining IP address automatically
Use the following IP address
Obtain DNS server address automatically
How is it going off screen
use the following DNS server addresses and it's numbers underneath

These are some of the settings active within the DVR at the moment.

Thanks Alan

Kristian Publish time 2-12-2019 05:01:12

The reason it won't work is because the 4G is external to your home network.When you use wifi it'll be on the internal network.You need to traverse the router to get from the outside to the inside which is where the port forwarding (external WAN IP address to internal DVR address) will come into play.Unfortunately I can't add more than that.

borderman Publish time 2-12-2019 05:01:12

Anyone else got any ideas can you please send them over so I can try and overcome this problem anything but I think of would be great thank you

psychopomp1 Publish time 2-12-2019 05:01:13

On the app (smartphone?), is there a setting such as "wifi-only" which is enabled or perhaps a "allow access over cellular data" toggle which is switched off? For example my Skybell app (wifi doorbell) allows me to switch off access via 3G/4G data in order to save data on my mobile plan, so there's a possibility your app may well be doing the same.
Pages: [1]
View full version: CCTV not showing cams outside Wi-Fi