secretitnerd Publish time 2-12-2019 05:01:21

QNAP answering on ALL IP's on subnet

Currently I am unable to actually USE my QNAP, because all I can do is admin it. I had to unplug the management NIC to get it to stop answering on every IP address on the network.

The web portal was even answering on the routers IP address. I'm not sure what cause or how to fix this. Please help.

mickevh Publish time 2-12-2019 05:01:22

Could you cite the exact model number for the benefit of the QNAP exerts.

I don't QNAP, so can only address general networking issues.

Have you got NAS cabled up in any interesting fashion, or is it simply plugged into a port on your router in the "normal" fashion..? (Does it have two NIC's...?)

What is the IP address of your router..? If it is the same as your QNAP, that would case problems - you should change one or the other.

When you say it answers on all IP addresses, are you saying that whatever IP address (or web site) you target when using a client device, you end up getting the NAS? ie. no (for example,) Internet page ever answers, you get the NAS? Or is it more subtle?

If you have a Windows client, can you open a CMD window, run an IPCONFIG /ALL and copy paste the results here.

Likewise, can you post the IP addresses of your router and your NAS.

secretitnerd Publish time 2-12-2019 05:01:24

The NAS is a TS-932 with 4 WD Enterprise drives and 2 Samsung 500GB SSD's.

The storage NIC's are directly cabled to the ESXi hosts (can afford a switch right now.)
The management NIC is plugged into a Ubiquiti edgeswitch on port 12 (I think), and that is connected to my edgeRouter SwP0/1 to G1/1.

To answer your question, if I were to go to any of the IP addresses below that have a WEB UI, I would get responses from the QNAP.

My Ip Assignments are as follows (/24 subnet):

DC: 10.10.2.10
vCenter: 10.10.2.11
Router: 10.10.2.1
Switch: 10.10.2.2
ESXi1: 10.10.2.237
ESXi2: 10.10.2.238
ILOM1: 10.10.2.40
ILOM2: 10.10.2.41
QNAP932: 10.10.2.30

I have a few other VM's on the network that are curently offline, so I'm not going to look those up.

This is behind a double NAT, so I'm not particularly worried about posting the IP's.

It appears that the issue was that the NAS was in the DHCP scope. I moved the scope last night (shortly before you posted) and was able to work. So I'm going to call this issue resolved, but hopefully it helps someone else.

I did try disabling DDNS, but that didn't help. Only moving the NAS out of the DHCP scope helped.

Which tells me they need to hire better developers, because I've never seen anything respond like that.

Chester Publish time 2-12-2019 05:01:25

What are you running a DHCP service on?
Pages: [1]
View full version: QNAP answering on ALL IP's on subnet