stearman65 Publish time 2-12-2019 05:47:47

GPS Signal Booster

I will shortly be going on a boating holiday. I have purchased Navionics chart software for the area & installed it on my Lenovo android tablet. With the tablet inside the boat I am concerned the GPS signal could be intermittent. Has anyone fitted a plug in antenna or signal booster to an android tablet.

JayCee Publish time 2-12-2019 05:47:48

There are no sockets to connect to on any tablet I've came across.

stearman65 Publish time 2-12-2019 05:47:49

Yes I thought that. I searched a couple of months ago & the only item I found had to be soldered onto the mother board, not something I'd want to try.

dannnielll Publish time 2-12-2019 05:47:49

The only type of devices which should work will be extrenal usb connected GPS devices. It assumes that your tablet or laptop will have a usb port and in the case of android devices, a otgfunction. These units are waterproof can be mounted on the outside and the usb signal fed inside.

stearman65 Publish time 2-12-2019 05:47:49

Hi Thanks for the info, however the need is no longer, just back from the boating holiday & the GPS on my tablet functioned fine, even down below in the cabin. The only problem we had was seeing the screen in the sunlight, had to leave it on the cabin table &run up & down the steps when we wanted a position check.
Pages: [1]
View full version: GPS Signal Booster