Delvey Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:39

Loving it so far. I managed to get a 4G sim for 25gb a month from EE for £15 a month. One month rolling as well

mmurdoch Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:40

Is the S2 better than the S
Think I read somewere it wasn't and I fancy a tablet for showbox etc movies

mmurdoch Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:41

Morning everyone
Is the Tab S still for sale cant find one anywhere they all seem to be S2.
Also would Samsung be doing a new tab s for 2016

Garioch Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:42

IMO if you are predominantly using the tablet for watching movies, then the S is better than the S2. The S has an RGB S-Stripe arrangement, whereas the S2 uses a diamond pentile. Furthermore, the higher pixel density and 16:9 aspect ratio of the former will better suit your needs. In addition, I believe that the S may even have better battery life.

Given the choice, I would rather buy an S over an S2. If I see the S going cheap enough, I might be tempted.

The only thing that bugs me is Samsung's reluctance to fit decent on-board storage for European markets. The Tab S is only available with 16GB in the UK (32GB in the US). The Tab S2 is only available with 32GB everywhere except Best Buy US, which has 64 GB. I'm not a fan of depending on expandable memory to increase on-board storage - I would rather have decent storage up front.

I've heard rumours that the Tab S3 (2016 model) will retain its 9.7" 4:3 aspect ratio (as opposed to 16:9). If it still uses a diamond pentile arrangement (and scrims on the on-board storage) then any new tablet from Samsung will be a no-no from me. Hopefully won't be too long until Samsung confirms something.

Hope that helps.

mmurdoch Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:43

then the 'S' is better than the 'S2'. I remember when S2 came out they were lots of unhappy Samsung fans saying its actually not as good as the 'S' but there charging more for it. Shame theres no 10.5" 'S' models about.

Nice one I was correct

Audemars Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:44

The S is not better than the S2.   The S is a laggy mess.   The S2 is basically a big Note 4 without the S pen.

The S has higher ppi but the processor used means it cannot cope with it.The resultinguser experience is infuriating.It also feels alot cheaper build wise than the S2.   I have owned both and would not recommend the S.

The S2 is fast and smooth and maintains the nice Samsung Super Amoled display which is the main thing that makes this tablet unique.   However it should have come with a faster processor given the time it was released.

I still have my tab S2 as I use it as a second phone but my Z3 Compact tablet is a nicer device albeit with an inferior screen meaning the S2 stays at home as a backup.

My iphone 6s plus and s6 edge plus are too small for me.

mmurdoch Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:45

Ah reight, When I was reading reviews on S2 loads were saying its sh*t compared to the 's'. Screen and battery were 2 things mentioned and the ratio when watching films etc

Garioch Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:46

You are right about the 10.5s being rare. Prices for some reason are really high (£400 ). Usually older Samsung tablets have dropped in price quite aggressively (predominantly the budget/entry-level ones). Mind you - the 10.5s sold well so perhaps they don't have surplus stock like some of their older devices.

My friend managed to grab a Tab S 10.5 when Samsung were doing the cashback deal. But like yourself, he only uses it for watching movies on Plex. He doesn't use any of the other apps (I'm not even sure he goes online on it much), and hasn't complained of lag.

However - I do know how horribly Samsung products can lag after a while. I had to get rid of my Note II after 18 months for that reason (but I used and abused my Note II - used it for everything). If you use the Tab S 10.5 as a full-on tablet and all its functions, I can quite easily believe that it will lag. But I reckon it'll be fine for minimal use / film streaming. At £400a pop though, it's not cheap.

The Super AMOLED screen is gorgeous but the diamond pentile arrangement was a definite step back for the S2.

mmurdoch Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:47

Old post but any recommendations for a large screen tablet for movie watching etc etc

Ono Publish time 2-12-2019 05:58:48

I still love my tab s 10.5.

Amazing screen for films.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
View full version: Samsung's Galaxy Tab S2 is slimmer, smaller and squarer