Sonic67 Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:39

Huawei Watch 2

I thought I'd do some first impressions of this.

I also have a Casio G shock, A Suunto Core and a Sony Smartwatch 3.

Like the Sony it has built in GPS. Useful to track your running if you want to go for a run and leave your phone behind.

Also included is NFC though I've still yet to try that. You can map Android Pay to the lower physical button.

Unlike the Sony it's a round screen and no "flat tyre" display either. It has a permanent AMOLED display and has Android Wear 2.

Bought for £229:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Watch-Bluetooth-Smartwatch-Android-Black/dp/B06Y67D8KY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505295714&sr=8-1&keywords=huawei watch 2

It comes with one charger but I have bought two more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Charger-Portable-Cradle-Classic-2-Black/dp/B0716BDLHF/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1505295818&sr=1-1&keywords=huawei watch 2charger

This was one of the downsides. My Sony charged from a standard micro-B USB socket. The same thing my previous S7, Kindle and most other things I had charged from.

I bought some extra chargers so I had one to leave at work and one for "travel." Battery life is about two days though can be massively long if in watch mode with all smart features off.

delanoster Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:41

I also went from the Sony Smartwatch 3 to the Huawei Watch 2. I agree that although the Huawei's charger is easier to use it's not as handy as a micro-USB. On the other hand the much longer battery life means I've never had to charge the Huawei in my car like I did the Sony!

Android Pay works very well - 100% success with it so far.
My girlfriend approves of how the Huawei looks when worn compared to the Sony, so I think that's another point!

A.C.T Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:42

Just bought the basic model in the sales reallylike it, thanks for the heads up about the extra chargers.
I'm still finding my way around it, but so far it's hardly ever off my wrist.

maxal Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:42

Hi I have just bought a Huawei smart watch 2 classic coming from a Samsung Gear 2. On my Gear 2 my watch would vibrate when I received a phone call but my new Huawei does not vibrate, is this normal?

A.C.T Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:42

Mine vibrates on receiving a call, you probably already know this but in settings it should say (also vibrate for calls)it goes from grey to blue when activated. Hope you get it sorted Andy

maxal Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:43

Thanks Andy

bubs999 Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:43

Whats the difference between the normal and the classic? I'm looking to replace my Moto 360 2nd Gen (which replaced a Sony SW2)

McVicar Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:44

Just bought myself one of these (4G) and have to say so far I'm very impressed. Doesn't look or feel as bulky as I thought it would either.

Only thing that stumps me (so far) is there's no Gmail app (that I can find). I've been looking online but can't find anything specifically about the Gmail app itself (only people having trouble with gmail alerts).

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Cheers all.

McVicar Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:44

@Sonic67
@delanoster

Sorry to tag you both but can you shed any light on the missing Gmail app as in my post above?

Thanks peeps

delanoster Publish time 2-12-2019 06:21:44

Sorry I may be unable to help as I don't actively use Android's Gmail app on my phone. I do receive alerts on the watch on the odd occasion I do get Gmail though.

What specifically did you want to know?
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Huawei Watch 2