PRESSTOG Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:07

Beware if buying the New LTE Apple Watch

Just a cautionary tale

Bought the new LTE Watch from Apple (Bit of an impulse thing) today.

Went to EE as wanted a new Sim Only contract,they offered me a £21 a month 20Gb deal, and a second sim for £9 for my OH so both on a shared plan for £30.

Advice was take them home put sim in phone and then activate watch and it will add the watch data pack, (6 months free then £5 a month)

So ff we trot.

got home did as told and get a cannot add device error,90 mins on phone later only to be told the watch even though its only £5 a month classes as another line and EE will not allow a 3rd line on a contract

So only option is to trot back and remove OHs add on Sim then wait 2 weeks for a it clear down then add the watch, or wait 3 MONTHS when they will add the 3rd device

You would have though EE would have a handle on this and the fact its pushing accounts over the device limit.

So beware if you are taking out a new sim only plan for from EE. make sure its only 1 device if you want to add the watch

I am now stuck with a non cellular cellular watch for 3 months.

Deeez Nuuutz Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:08

Cheers for the heads up mate.

I’d be tempted to tell EE to stick it for all the trouble it’s worth then return the Apple Watch for a non cellular version and upgrade next year.

Steven Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:09

You are within your cancellation period with EE right?

iNspectorgadJet Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:10

I think people in the normal teams are a bit clueless about this. You need to try and get through to the watch team directly. I had a similar issue because I am on the EE shared plan (which is brilliant) and already have 5 devices on my line. They simply had to do a credit referral which came back within a couple of minutes and I was allowed to add the £5 watch plan.

Jazz Monkey Jr Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:11

I though you were allowed 5 lines as I have main contract and 2 sharers and now Apple Watch on separate £25/month plan, I might send back as £5/month will work out cheaper but the cellular watch seems to have sold out at apple stores.

leebroath Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:12

I’ve been seeing a few videos now cropping up from disgruntled customers who still can’t get connected to their EE network. One guy is about 100 yards from the mast and the Watch is stating zero signal

Not good at all

iNspectorgadJet Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:12

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. Not had an issue with signal so far.

Jeff Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:13

No issues here either.

Jazz Monkey Jr Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:13

I’ve unpaired my watch from EE as I’m sending it back and trying to get the new one paired but I also have 5 accounts including the Apple Watch I’m sending back. I rang them and she said they will sort it out and ring back. It I’m still waiting as the watch app says the account isn’t ready to use with Apple Watch. https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/joypixels/[email protected]/png/64/2639.png

leebroath Publish time 2-12-2019 06:22:14

I’ve purchased a £5 with 2GB card and going to see if our speed here is much better than O2

If it is, and good enough, then I’ll be thinking about changing
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Beware if buying the New LTE Apple Watch