Author: MikeKay1976

Nvidia RTX 2080 & 2080ti announced

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 05:41:28 Mobile | Show all posts
The thing that bothers me about that link is that I thought we’d be moving to wireless next since it’s already possible with TPCast, not sticking to being tethered but I guess that’s further off than I thought.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 05:41:29 Mobile | Show all posts
TPcast has limitations of its own. It's not easy to set up which from oculus view makes it a none starter. Also I suspect next gen will have higher resolution and maybe refresh to which means more data. I am not sure current wireless is up to it.  I am told TPcast on vive lowers the FOV slightly and does have a bit of lag despite what reviews say. Also quite easy to block the transmitter if not high enough (higher than average ceiling height)
So no budge on 2080ti prices however you can still get vanilla 2080 for 20th sept and AIB cards already dropping. Gigabyte and MSI cards both down to £715 from £790. So long as it's better than 1080ti at current games I will bite at that. The Ti would be great but just too expensive as I am not convinced it will be able to do raytracing well enough anyway. IF the Ti had not been announced yet I would have been none the wiser and would have probably paid £715 (after moaning a lot)

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:41:29 Mobile | Show all posts
The problem is it's still quite expensive, and as VR resolutions increase it starts to become even more so in terms of bandwidth (it's already approaching the limits of existing cable specifications), requiring low-latency compression.

Unless you have an internal PCIe solution like the Intel DisplayLink used by HTC, you're still going to have to plug your external transmitter/receiver into something.

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 05:41:29 Mobile | Show all posts
So i am starting to crack and thinking about an RTX 2080Ti (yes i know that makes me part of the problem yada yada yada but my gtx 980 is struggling).

out of the 2 who offers the best warranty / build quality as the cheapest seem to be between gigabyte windforce or the MSI "Duke".

both at £1050  - it makes me shudder that i am even thinking about this!!!!

thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:41:30 Mobile | Show all posts
@MikeKay1976

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:41:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Honestly Mike, you're probably going to see the biggest bang for your buck in terms of performance gain if you've been limping along with a 9-series until now, especially in VR. I'm actually jealous

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:41:31 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:41:32 Mobile | Show all posts
I just mean they have barely mentioned it in their marketing and presentations.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:41:33 Mobile | Show all posts
You don’t have to justify to me or anyone else mate, I meant it when I said I am jealous. Crack on and I hope you are very happy with it when it arrives, and make sure you post before and after bench’s!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部