Author: raceking

Ring Doorbell Pro vs Nest Hello

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:18:40 Mobile | Show all posts
I’ve had both ring and nest. The ring was nothing but hassle but that’s because it’s Wi-fi range was very poor, I went through 2 hardware failures that Ring replaced foc.
Although that was the original Ring when it launched so maybe lastest ones are better?

Wi-fi on the Nest never drops and I can have full blown conversations and I wanted it to act as a 27/7 CCTV. Yes I do pay £4 a month for it (I get a discount as I have other nest cams) but 5 days is more than adequate because if I get an alert I check it and you can always save the clip.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

I had forgotten to mention the monthly price! In this regard, the Ring blows the nest out of the water. Each year, you would save roughly the cost of the camera by going with the Ring Pro. As others have said, put that money towards something else.

I watched these videos a lot as it showed a lot of issues with the Nest that I wasn't happy with (including real lag).

I spent a lot of time research both, but in the end (as stated before) the Ring Pro offered the best performance/price/usability/features comparison. I just couldn't justify paying the camera price EACH year just to use it and have the videos for a longer period of time. The ring plan £2.50 offers 30-day recording. Great if you go on a holiday for two weeks etc and want to check back.

Personally, I'd get the Ring Pro and put any extra money (such as that extortionate subscription cost) towards other security equipment around your house.

Also, don't underestimate how much of your wifi bandwidth that device could take from the throughput of your home network. I'm not even talking about your internet, but just the available wifi bandwidth in the network. This is less of an issue if you have bought an aftermarket quality router though (tri-channel etc).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Maybe you could share your experience a little and maybe give us the pros and cons of owning both. Given the popularity of Ring it must have had some redeeming features and what are
That the Nest Hello has that the Ring Pro doesn’t.
I am looking at buying a Ring Pro but now I am wondering about a Nest Hello. I have lots of friends with Ring Pro’s but not managed to find anyone who owns a Nest Hello and had the experience of a Ring also. You have had both, so maybe you can help?

Use magic Report

Had the nest hello since july and it's been great.  Now have 3 additional nest cameras as I was that impressed.  Worth noting that nest aware subscriptions are changing from Jan 2020. Now one price per month starting from £6 I think for 30 days recording and most importantly i think its the same price no matter how many cameras you have.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
That’s brilliant news! In fact as the article says it will then work out cheaper than Ring (if you have want more than one Ring device subscribed) BUT not limit you to motion only capture like Ring

Google to revamp Nest Aware with simpler pricing and new features                                                                                                        Coming in early 2020                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.theverge.com

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:18:41 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep. Why I've invested in a few nest cameras. Plus if you buy now and subscribe as per existing pricing model nest with transfer you to the new price plan next year and refund any money due.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I’ve extensively used both, and the Nest is far superior in almost every aspect, certainly the ones that count like audio, video, build quality and connection. Although I agree the monthly free is a bit steep at the moment.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:18:41 Mobile | Show all posts
Good to see that Nest are changing their pricing, £24 a month was stupid. That certainly evens things up in that area.

Does the nest hello come with everything for a UK installation? I’m presuming it will need a transformer like the ring due to us running higher voltages than the US.

Use magic Report

Yes you will still need a mains transformer. Plenty of 3 pin ones ebay/Amazon.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I had to make the same choice a year ago; I went for the Ring Pro in the end because I didn't have an existing wired doorbell and wanted multiple "chimes" around the house / in my office (above the garage) so I knew if the doorbell was being pressed.  Nest required Google Home for announcing, or an existing doorbell to ring.  Not sure if that has changed, but it was the key reason for making the choice for me.

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部