Author: rdmbfossa

CCTV Advice Please

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:23:57 Mobile | Show all posts
For sure the manufacturers need to do a better job at managing expectation now CCTV is becoming a consumer purchased device.

Installers I don't believe would generally over-state what on-board motion detection can achieve, otherwise they'd forever be receiving callbacks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:23:58 Mobile | Show all posts
This is what i have started to install at my property...

NVR : Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P
Rear garden : Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I
Front of property : Hikvision DS-2DE4225IW-DE
Garage : still researching
Entrance hall : still researching

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:23:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Guys, fit independent IR floods and switch off the camera IR. This took my false triggers down to almost zero. No need for spiderx or constant cleaning once you do this. Really this works. I've got an 8 camera Hikvision setup, some old cameras do not allow IR switch off, anything in the last 4 years supports it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:24:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Can you elaborate what you mean about IR floods?

Planning a CCTV system and would be good to know. I have a Cytech Comfort alarm with a few outdoor PIRs which can give me notifications when triggered, so could I use those rather than in camera sensors to trigger camera recording and notifications upon detecting motion?

But if I’m right, you’re suggesting a separate IR light so would be useful to know what that would do. Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:24:01 Mobile | Show all posts
An IR floodlight is very much like a normal floodlight but illuminates in the IR part of the light spectrum, rather than the visible. Most CCTV cameras use IR rather than Visible light at night as it is more efficient at converting much lower levels of light into visible images. Most cameras have a few IR LEDs that provide local illumination to 10m or so. An IR floodlight with much higher energy output, can illuminate a much larger area and much further distance that the camera can resolve. The advantage is that the area being illuminated is not suddenly bathed in 500watts of visible light, which if your neighbour has a normal floodlight on their house, you will know how annoying that is at 3am.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:24:02 Mobile | Show all posts
These are great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Infrared-Illuminator-High-Power-Analogue-Surveillance/dp/B01MYNZ7TY/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3INE3K39WYWOV&keywords=ir illuminator&qid=1557575842&s=gateway&sprefix=ir illu,aps,168&sr=8-8

No going back to using inbuilt IR illumination once you have these.
As said, false motion triggers in the summer drop massively (insects cease to be attracted to the cameras).

Lights have inbuilt light sensors that vary the IR LED power. I like them.

You need 12V adapters (not included).
You also need to connect to the cameras (Hikvision) directly to turn off the onboard IR illumination. If your cameras do not support turning off the onboard illumination these lights will not help.

I recommend the 3MP darkfighter light Hikvision cameras for night time operation. Better than the 4MP and 8MP options. Still in the £120-160 price bracket in mini bullet.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:24:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Guys i know this is digging up an old thread, @rdmbfossa  @pyrotenax  and others

But i am now in need of purchasing a CCTV system for my home, ideally looking for 4 camera system.
With priorities being ofcourse clear as possible, good night vision, zoom function, vehicle reg reader etc.

The system i have found so far is indeed the DS-2CD2385G1-1 mentioned in this forum, however i am open for new suggestions.
This is the kit i have found so far, if i could please get your verdict, as i am completely new to the CCTV world.

DarkFighter 4K 8MP 8 Channel POE 4 Camera Kit (Network Cameras and Network Vidoe Recorder) 4TB                                                                                                        Take advantage this July at CCTVDirectOnline 4k IP Network CCTV Kit at a incredible price of 825 Fantastic colour pictures at night requires very                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                cctvdirectonline.co.uk

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部