Warranty for EBAY Items

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:59:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
hi guys,

I would like to purchase an ASUS tab from Ebay. there is no box but the seller claims it to be new. however if i purchase it how will i get standard 1 year warranty from ASUS? How will i register without dealers purchase receipt?

thanks in advance

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:59:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Asus warranty is normally dealt with by the retailer. If you contact Asus they will tell you to  get in touch with the retailer.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:59:15 Mobile | Show all posts
so that means ebay purchase wont have any warranty right?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:59:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Is the seller a retailer or a private seller.  If the latter there may well be no warranty unless Asus allow transfers of ownership

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:59:16 Mobile | Show all posts
i have no clue if ASUS allows transfer. but the seller is a private seller

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:59:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Despite what disclaimers say, the warranty is on the product, and not the person, but that said you will require proof of purchase, so make sure you have the invoice, i would avoid eBay but if must you can alway purchase there SquareTrade warranty?

Get additional warranty coverage or extend existing manufacturer's warranty on eligible Electronics items.

Available SquareTrade warranty options (service plan must be bought within 30 days of item purchase, available to residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland only)

Easy claims filing with a 5-day guarantee*
SquareTrade – award-winning warranty service provider
Full details

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:59:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Square trade warranty is 50% of item cost so not worth it. No purchase proof will be provided as i jave just asked the question. In this situation i think i will go to a retailer and purchase from them.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:59:19 Mobile | Show all posts
But the point is the item is second hand even though it is as new and therefore unless there is a term in the warranty T&C to allow transfer it those rights remains with the original purchaser.  There is no breach of S&G act etc. should anything go wrong particularly as its a private seller.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:59:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Does not matter at all, a product has a warranty period, and that warranty is valid no matter how many times it changes hands, they will have you believe different with the disclaimers, which are not worth the paper the are written on, they are not above the law, however whether it's worth the hassle to take them to a small claims court etc is another matter, and that normally where most throw in the towel, and just go and buy a new one, even when a product has run out of warranty, the are obliged to help you up to a period of 6 years, again defining help is debatable, so in essence, buy from eBay without original POF, slim to zero chance, with POF lets just say originally bought from Overclockers.co.uk, very good chance of getting a warranty repair done.

Im not saying its as clear cut as its sounds, but that is the law, again whether its worth it?? for it would depend on the value

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:59:20 Mobile | Show all posts
You are way off, precisely which law would you be able to take somebody\company to the small claim courts??

For the benefit of doubt in the OP the original item is described as new by a private seller on eBay.  The original item was purchased from a UK retailer and a receipt (with original owner's name) provided.

Ok after the eBay sale and so long as it is delivered and the are described the the new owner has no come back.  If it goes wrong and breaks in a few months time then there is nothing that anybody upstream (eBay seller, Original Retailer, Manufacturer) need do.

The original Sales of Goods Act applies to the original purchaser and the contract is with them not a resale.

Now good customer service may mean the the original manufacturer may honour a warranty claim but if they ask for original proof of purchase and it has a different name they may well reject it and they would be entitled to do so.

The six year again would only be applicable to the original purchaser and liability if proven is with the retailer not the manufacturer.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部