Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:22:29 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
hello all

What would be ideal:
1 device which can act as
continuous HR monitor, activity tracker, calories burned, sleep monitor etclook of a classic big mens watch, with an analog look smart face possible.can hook up to android app calls, whatsap notifications, emails and apps(eg myfitnesspal /fitbit app)can wear for work (client facing)can wear for gym, running, cyclingcan wear for team sports like football (soccer)- most frequent exercise
In reality i think i need 2 devices because
large/expensive devices probably not suitable to wear in contact sports due to damage to device, accidental damage to opponents face!larger devices not suitable to wear in beddont particularly like the look of a classic fitbit style band for work and they genrall have limited phone notification features.
if one device i think the options may be:
Garmin Fenix 5? but maybe a little too baulky for football/sleep
So what about 2 devices?
do they need to be be from same manufacturer? or could i have a Fenix and Fitbit?
OR maybe i go for a Samsung or LG watch and pair with a fitbit?
Can  tell the ecosystem i've switched devices so pause on watch A, resume HR on watch b???

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:22:30 Mobile | Show all posts
I use the Garmin Fenix 5s for pretty much all of the above - slightly smaller than the 5 but I don't find it too bulky for sleep and then cover it a wrist sweatband when playing football.
I've also considered using a separate foot pod (in Adidas boots with speed cell cavity) and HR strap and then just hiding the watch unit safely for storing the data.

I *think* the Garmin Connect platform will aggregate stats from multiple Garmin devices so you could combine a Vivomove for smarter occasions with a sportier watch but still doesn't solve the team sport issue of damaging the device etc.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部