View: 148|Reply: 0

Main Nahin Hona!

[Copy link]
3-12-2019 23:28:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
For me 'Main Hoon Na' was a total waste of time. The plot is too nonsensical for my liking. Although Farah Khan's direction is inconsistent. She seems confused as to whether her film should be a family drama, a teen comedy, a political thriller or something else. Many have argued that 'Main Hoon Na' is merely a spoof of other Bollywood films. However I do not see that many references and if it is a spoof, it should have stayed that way from start to end as there is no substance. The songs are nice (except that horrible graduation song) but mostly forgettable. I liked the long-shot camera-work in the song 'Çhale Jaise' but otherwise the cinematography is quite flat. The fight scenes with are totally ridiculous. Perhaps it was intended for humour (but it didn't make me laugh). Shahrukh Khan fails to engage as he goes over the top in many sequences and seems to lose interest. Sushmita barely has a part to boast about but she, as usual, looks great playing a decoration piece. Sunil Shetty is laughable as the villain. Zayed Khan annoyingly overacts and comes across as whiny. He should be banned from films. Amrita Rao is extremely loud in many scenes and seems to not know how to act. Kiron Kher is strictly okay. It's hardly a memorable role. Naseeruddin Shah makes a pleasant cameo. If you've noticed, there's also Tabu in one scene (just for a second or two). I find 'Main Hoon Na' to be overrated. I wouldn't say this is one of the worst flicks as it is bearable to an extent and a decent one-time watch with the family (since mine enjoy this kind of films) but I do not see what all the fuss is about.

score /10

Chrysanthepop 10 June 2008

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1889862/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部