captainarchive Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:42

Judge Dredd Casefiles & Restricted Casefiles

I want to start reading the judge dredd stories from the beginning so which collections do I get? What's the difference between the casefiles and restricted casefiles?

Theydon Bois Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:43

Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files v. 1: Amazon.co.uk: John Wagner, etc.: Books

Go for Vol 1 to 6 for all the classic stories - the later volumes are ones that I never read as I kind of stopped reading 2000AD at issue 500ish. Judge Child, Judge Death, Block Wars etc, all gold.

Restricted Casefiles I think came from Annuals and Specials, and not the actual comics? Unsure.

captainarchive Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:44

Great thanks for that. I think I might get more than the first 5, I originally followed the stories until Garth Ennis' joined the strip and changed Dredd.

captainarchive Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:44

I picked up No's 1, 2 and 4 on saturday from a second hand book seller on the market for £20 she wanted £7 each but settled for an even 20. They're not even second hand as the bookseller bought them brand new from a comicshop that went out of business. I'm extremely pleased with them because they're very good quality and they appear to have done a great job reprinting the stories. I wasn't expecting how large each volume is and I've gone ahead and ordered 3 and 5. I plan on getting the next 5 volumes in June.

Theydon Bois Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:45

For complete completism, you will need to do some searching to find the Burger Wars storyline as that has never been reprinted and a lot of the comics withdrawn from sale at the time......

Judge Dredd - Banned in Britain?

captainarchive Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:45

I've got prog 72 and 77 as I've got the complete run from 41 to 150. They're all stored in cornflake boxes at my mums house. I hope she hasn't chucked them out without letting me know.

captainarchive Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:45

I’ve finished reading Complete Casefiles Vol 1 and enjoyed them immensely. I haven’t read any Judge Dredd stories since the 1980’s and when I began reading these early stories I wasn’t sure they’d stand the test of time. I been trying to re-read some silver age marvel masterworks and apart from the Lee and Kirby Fantastic Four Stories I’ve found much of them dull and a challenge to get through them. Judge Dredd, on the other hand, I’ve managed to read almost in a single sitting. I enjoyed them just as much as I did as a kid in the 70’s, possibly more so. Looking forward to Vol 2 now.

DrapedInDarkness Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:46

Trying to find them cheap before I head off to Germany, doubt I will find them out there and I really want to reread the Dark Judges stories again.

captainarchive Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:46

I managed to get nos 3 and 5 for about 9 quid each via flubit.

CHEEBRA Publish time 25-11-2019 04:26:46

KFC and McDonalds took offence (You can't evenhave a family owned chippy/takeaway that's been in the family for years without McDonalds opening up ANOTHER branch a quarter of a mile away and threatening to sue the owners of the family owned takeaway/chippy that was in the area since the very early twentieth century for copyright.
Pages: [1]
View full version: Judge Dredd Casefiles & Restricted Casefiles