View: 467|Reply: 9

Judge Dredd Casefiles & Restricted Casefiles

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 04:26:42 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I want to start reading the judge dredd stories from the beginning so which collections do I get? What's the difference between the casefiles and restricted casefiles?

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:26:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files v. 1: Amazon.co.uk: John Wagner, etc.: Books

Go for Vol 1 to 6 for all the classic stories - the later volumes are ones that I never read as I kind of stopped reading 2000AD at issue 500ish. Judge Child, Judge Death, Block Wars etc, all gold.

Restricted Casefiles I think came from Annuals and Specials, and not the actual comics? Unsure.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:26:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Great thanks for that. I think I might get more than the first 5, I originally followed the stories until Garth Ennis' joined the strip and changed Dredd.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:26:44 Mobile | Show all posts
I picked up No's 1, 2 and 4 on saturday from a second hand book seller on the market for £20 she wanted £7 each but settled for an even 20. They're not even second hand as the bookseller bought them brand new from a comicshop that went out of business. I'm extremely pleased with them because they're very good quality and they appear to have done a great job reprinting the stories. I wasn't expecting how large each volume is and I've gone ahead and ordered 3 and 5. I plan on getting the next 5 volumes in June.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:26:45 Mobile | Show all posts
For complete completism, you will need to do some searching to find the Burger Wars storyline as that has never been reprinted and a lot of the comics withdrawn from sale at the time......

Judge Dredd - Banned in Britain?

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:26:45 Mobile | Show all posts
I've got prog 72 and 77 as I've got the complete run from 41 to 150. They're all stored in cornflake boxes at my mums house. I hope she hasn't chucked them out without letting me know.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:26:45 Mobile | Show all posts
I’ve finished reading Complete Casefiles Vol 1 and enjoyed them immensely. I haven’t read any Judge Dredd stories since the 1980’s and when I began reading these early stories I wasn’t sure they’d stand the test of time. I been trying to re-read some silver age marvel masterworks and apart from the Lee and Kirby Fantastic Four Stories I’ve found much of them dull and a challenge to get through them. Judge Dredd, on the other hand, I’ve managed to read almost in a single sitting. I enjoyed them just as much as I did as a kid in the 70’s, possibly more so. Looking forward to Vol 2 now.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:26:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Trying to find them cheap before I head off to Germany, doubt I will find them out there and I really want to reread the Dark Judges stories again.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:26:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I managed to get nos 3 and 5 for about 9 quid each via flubit.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:26:46 Mobile | Show all posts
KFC and McDonalds took offence (You can't even  have a family owned chippy/takeaway that's been in the family for years without McDonalds opening up ANOTHER branch a quarter of a mile away and threatening to sue the owners of the family owned takeaway/chippy that was in the area since the very early twentieth century for copyright.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部