Jamezinho Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:45

Sim Racing Hardware - News & Discussion

I know we have a number of members here who are keen sim racers so I figured we could do with a thread to discuss racing wheels and associated hardware such as pedals, shifters, wheel stands, play seats etc...

So, to kick off, anyone interested in the long-awaited Fanatec Clubsport Shifter?

New Fanatec ClubSport Shifter Previews — VirtualR – Sim Racing News

Fanatec ClubSport Shifter – Close Up Preview — VirtualR – Sim Racing News

Fanatec ClubSport Shifter – Knob Options Preview — VirtualR – Sim Racing News

In typical Fanatec style there is no indication of a price or release date, but if they are true to form the CSS won't be cheap.

majnu Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:46

I installed a Bashermod to my T500 pedals today.

I left a review at GTPlanet, but here it is:

The retention plate isn't exactly straight as you can see on the bottom pic (it curls up towards the screw mount hole) and it can be rounded of at the top to follow the contours of the reaslistic break mod bracket. The middle of the bracket imo could be routered so it doesn't have any sharp edges but for the price it's a great mod and nothing which a file and wet and dry paper can't fix.

Jamezinho Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:47

Looks good mate. Quite fancy a proper load cell brake myself, but the Fanatec Clubsports are pricey.

I'm thinking of picking up one of the Basherboard adapters so that I can use any USB shifter with my CSR. The Thrustmaster TH8RS is a nice price and with the adapter is probably still cheaper than whatever price the Clubsport shifter turns out to be.

majnu Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:48

I keep thinking about purchasing some sim racing gear but think i'll wait until the new consoles come out as I would want to make sure they are compatible before shelling out loads of money.

Was looking at the fanatec clubsport pedals but not sure which wheel. (definitely don't want to spend silly money like the top of the range fanatec is). Also like the look of the obutto r3volution

Jamezinho Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:49

TH8RS is fantastic. Only let down for me is that I have to change the faceplate every time I want to change from sequential to H-Shifter. I wish they made it easier than unscrewing 4 Allen bolts.

Sebastalona Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:50

@ sequential - I wouldn't worry too much about future compatibility, Microsoft and Sony don't manufacture their own wheels and I doubt they will next gen. They would be foolish to freeze out the existing players in the wheel market so I expect nothing will change.

Jamezinho Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:51

I'm certain that the current range of racing hardware will be compatible with the next generation of consoles.

Sebastalona Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:52

Actually that's a positive compared to the Fanatec shifter set, which has two separate units, one H-gate and one sequential. To switch them over is a 15 minute job as I need to go to my garage, get the socket set out and un-bolt the thing from my Wheelstand Pro. Changing a faceplate is nothing compared to that.

Besides, I would use it almost exclusively in sequential mode anyway.

Jamezinho Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:53

I just have them both mounted simultaneously mate, the H-gate on the WSP bracket and the sequential on the rods which came with the shifter set.

museumsteve Publish time 27-11-2019 05:37:54

That's how I had it set up originally but I decided to remove the H-gate due to lack of use! I find the sequential more useful for the cars I like to drive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
View full version: Sim Racing Hardware - News & Discussion