bbasra Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:05

Gate Automation

Hi there,

I hope everyone is well.I have a sliding gate for the driveway which I'd like to open\close with the following options:

Open\Close via GSM phone
Open\Close via Alexa
Video Door-bell, ideally with Open\Close feature on ios app

I understand there may not be a single unit\device that supports the above, but do you know how and what I need to purchase in order to accomplish the above?

Many thanks in advance.

Bal.

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:06

What is your budget as I think that you are looking at well over a grand just for the access control alone

bbasra Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:07

Sadly I've gone over my budget getting the gates made with CAME motors and hoping the above isn't more than £500.

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:08

The iSmartgate will do some of what you want (Alexa support through IFTTT, iOS app & HomeKit support)
You can check compatibility for your model of CAME motor on their website

/proxy.php?image=https://ismartgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ismartgate_header_logo.gif&hash=ec1cc114bd7755cc0ce3c3df93bb3ced&return_error=1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Compatibility Checker - Ismartgate                                                                                                        Compatibility Checker   If your garage or gate opener is not on the list just send us an e-mail at indicating your operator’s brand and model.    1. Select Manufacturer:Select Manufacturer ...    2. Select Model:                                                                                                                                                                                /proxy.php?image=https://ismartgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ismartgate_iPhone_Favicon.png&hash=71a0b62627f39dd571399ab9d5c41e94&return_error=1                                                                                                                                ismartgate.com

bbasra Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:10

Thanks - Would I need a separate IP camera also for the ismartgate\Gogogate2?

Inked Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:11

Yeah, they do sell cameras

/proxy.php?image=https://ismartgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ismartgate_header_logo.gif&hash=ec1cc114bd7755cc0ce3c3df93bb3ced&return_error=1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Video - Ismartgate                                                                                                        Watch it, Control it.   Integrate our IP cameras with ismartgate to fully monitor your garage.(IP Camera not included. Sold separatly)          Watch it, Control it.   Integrate our IP cameras with ismartgate to fully monitor                                                                                                                                                                                /proxy.php?image=https://ismartgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ismartgate_iPhone_Favicon.png&hash=71a0b62627f39dd571399ab9d5c41e94&return_error=1                                                                                                                                ismartgate.com                                                                               
If you’re using iOS then I’d probably go with something that gives better quality (i think the iSmartgate cameras are only 720p) and then access it all through the HomeKit app

https://www.avforums.com/attachments/e6c5b42a-c1b7-4f61-bb44-a3b93aff6f6d-png.1210448/

Markr123 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:11

In the early stages of researching the same. Began looking at Doorbird www.doorbird.com as iOS video intercom and gate opener. Sadly no homekit support yet.

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:12

How does it do obstruction detection? I can’t see any photocell or groundloop detectors?

Markr123 Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:12

@mushii If referring to the doorbird, then as far as I can tell it cannot cater for exclusive gate control, just send the open / close instruction. I had anticipated using this in part of a wider system. A dedicated gate controller box handling ground loop and child/pet/other obstruction etc. I envisaged the (yet to be sourced) gate controller would have IO for a product such as doorbird. As I say early stages of discovery for me. Not even got the planning permission for the wall yet.

mushii Publish time 1-12-2019 21:25:14

Cheers @Markr123 i am pretty familiar with Doorbird installs. I was more curious about the ismartgate as their warranty explicitly excludes any damage caused by their equipment. Most of the more traditional systems have one or more safety sensor inputs which I couldn’t see on their website or their documentation.
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Gate Automation