fistfullofbeer Publish time 1-12-2019 21:46:20

Outdoor camera with indoor chime notifications

Hi,

My wife and I just lost one of our dogs who was very good at notifying us about people/cars entering our driveway. Though I live in a pretty safe neighborhood and security is not really a huge issue I would like to have an outdoor camera over the garage to be able to see our driveway.

A wireless option for the camera would work the best and a big want from us is able to hear a chime (think doorbell) when people/cars are detected on the driveway. Cellphone notifications are great but I honestly don't care much about them when we are home already and would just like a chime. Alternatively, we have echo dot's all across the house (3 of them) and a sound based notification on those devices would serve our purpose too.

I have looked at both the Eufycam and Arlo Pro/Ultra but not sure how to get the chime option to work.

Suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RajP Publish time 1-12-2019 21:46:21

Would one of the Ring camera with Flood light do the trick for you?? It also has a chime option.

fistfullofbeer Publish time 1-12-2019 21:46:22

Thanks for the response.

So you are suggesting the outdoor Ring camera with flood light and the Ring Chime? That may work actually assuming the Camera can trigger a chime on motion detection.

Lesmor Publish time 1-12-2019 21:46:23

Ring Floodlight cam will notify via echo dots
You would probably need a ring chime pro as well but you have to pay a sub to save recordings
Cheaper getting a driveway motion detector for £15.00
Pages: [1]
View full version: Outdoor camera with indoor chime notifications