View: 93|Reply: 0

Watchable, but very generic...

[Copy link]
7-6-2020 11:11:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Well, you know exactly what to expect when you sit down to watch a movie such as the 2011 "Teen Spirit" from director Gil Junger. And the movie delivers exactly what you would expect, for better or worse.

While "Teen Spirit" definitely is watchable and pseudo-enjoyable, it suffered from being so generic that you could leave the movie for a prolonged period and come back to have missed out on nothing important to the storyline that you couldn't already think yourself to.

The acting in "Teen Spirit" was good, but again, keep in mind that the characters are generic. But this being a typical teen comedy, you know what you are getting from the actors and actresses involved in the project.

"Teen Spirit" didn't really manage to stand out and make itself memorable. In fact, it was a very bland movie experience, to be honest. Hence, my rating of five out of ten stars. While the movie is watchable when you sit through it, it is hardly a movie that you will remember after a day or two. Nor is it likely that it will be a movie that you will watch a second time around.

Of course I am not in the target audience of being a late teen, but still I watch movies like this, as I enjoy movies. So of course, there are movies that will be a swing and a miss for me. "Teen Spirit" was watchable for me, for sure, but it is not a movie that left any lasting impression on me. It came and went without making a mark.

score 5/10

paul_haakonsen 3 July 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4974444/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部