Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 320|Reply: 0

Not too bad, Scooby-Doo!...

[Copy link]
6-10-2020 18:05:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Well, I must admit that I was really looking forward to this 2020 Scooby-Doo animated movie. Why? Well, because it had Cassandra Peterson - aka Elvira - in the storyline as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, herself.

And while "Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo!" turned out to be just exactly as every other Scooby-Doo adventure, then it actually had some nice enough surprises and twists to it. But the familiarity of these movies running on the same blueprint is part of the Scooby-Doo charm, isn't it?

"Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo!" was watchable, but it wasn't really among the best of the Scooby-Doo animated movie franchise. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it was a bad movie, not at all. It was just a bit too generic in some aspects.

It was nice that the storyline included not only Elvira, but also Dr. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow from the Batman universe. That was definitely a nice twist to the storyline. And I must admit that I enjoyed that.

The art and animation style is very familiar, keeping that traditional Scooby-Doo style to it, for better or worse.

"Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo!" is definitely well-worth sitting down to watch, especially if you have kids, but maybe do it around the Halloween time, because the story definitely fits into that theme.

My rating of "Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo!" is a six out of ten stars.

score 6/10

paul_haakonsen 6 October 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6153102/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部