View: 205|Reply: 0

love it

[Copy link]
9-10-2020 06:39:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Arthur Dent's home is threatened with demolition. Only he doesn't know that his friend Ford Prefect is an alien and the Earth is about to be demolished. With a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, they hitch a ride and start an adventure through time and space.

I love the books. I love the computer game even though I could never figure it out. I love the movie. It's fun to see this as a TV serial. In fact, the movie seems to have copied a lot from the style of this TV show although I love the movie version of Marvin's design a lot more. Even the low budget has a charm that really fits the books' style of irreverent humor. I love the space cow in the restaurant. I love the animated sequences with the book. I love a lot of this. The actors are fine but they needed to be excellent. I keep thinking that David Dixon playing Ford Prefect feels like Eric Idle. It led me down the path that if only the Monty Python crew got a hold of this production. That would be perfect. Aside from that, this is great fun. It's excellent work from early 80s BBC.

score 8/10

SnoopyStyle 11 May 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4842690/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部