View: 115|Reply: 0

After waiting for this show for what seems like forever.....

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 10:14:53 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
What to say? I have been waiting for this show with mixed emotions from the first whisper of it being done... I have wanted to see it come alive from the first book I read years ago and honestly never thought I would see it happen because of the sheer amount of plots, sub plots and the long list of primary and secondary characters that are constantly changing from book to book. I absolutely love the trilogy it is in my top 5 all time favorite book trilogies/series ...

That said, yes it is true they moved some things around and changed parts and details around but that is to be expected when trying to have something completely visual relay the same basic understanding that reading the book does. With a book time can be taken to explain things in depth to a point that a show or movie can not accomplish unless it has a full time narrator talking constantly as the show is going. So yes, it is true that it does not follow the book to the letter however it does a good job of relying the same message one gets by reading the book. It does also jump forward at a quick pace it seems until I went back and realized just how much of the back story and details that it takes so long to cover in the book would not have worked trying to fit into the first 2 episodes of a show. It would have been mostly flashbacks if that route were taken. That being said, they will probably pull bits and pieces of memories out over the season as opposed to getting it all out at the beginning like the book. Different types of entertainment (book and TV/show) so different way of presentation. I think it's off to a great start and I look forward to seeing the series unfold. Wow! Love it so far!!

score 10/10

Wikkid_Gamez 25 September 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4360355/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部