View: 93|Reply: 0

The British "The Wire"

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 11:10:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm writing this review only after watching season 3 or since Netflix has taken over it season 1. I did not watch the first 2 seasons.

This show reminds me a lot of The Wire but without the cops investigating. It really reminds me of this the very last scene of this season. It's interesting to see the difference between the ghetto drug trade in England versus what it's like in the US. Since guns are so rampant in the US, that is the primary weapon of choice for everyone. In England, it becomes more hand to hand violence with some gunplay. Things like using acid to attack people is just not what happens in the US but is quite common across the pond. Even the lead comments on the use of acid and how new it is to him after he returns home from Jamaica.
The leads are all quite believable in their roles as Jamie who is running the streets while trying to keep his siblings on the straight and narrow.
Dushane has returned out of desperation as things got bad for him in Jamaica and is now forced to return to his old ways but this time as a much older gangster trying to regain control of the lucrative drug trade. His right hand man Sully, doesn't want to return to that lifestyle but has little choice after being released from jail. Things happen that force him to reconnect with Dushane since he has given up hope of having a normal picket fence lifestyle.

Overall this season has some decent twists, turns, and betrayal's (which really shouldn't be much of a surprise given the business). The way this season ended really opens things up for future seasons but I pretty much have guessed who will make it and who won't.

score 8/10

jsucie 18 September 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5127312/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部