Something funny...[Nitro Funny Car build thread]

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:33:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Hope you don't mean that literally Jon!

I for one enjoy the insight into what goes into putting a racecar on the track. I don't know about others but I hope you find the time to carry on keeping us updated. May seem like no one cares when you don't get any replies but I'm sure others are lapping it up, even if like me they don't understand half of it...

If nothing else, at least let us know when you're making the track debut. I'll be there.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:33:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Nothing sinister, honest! It's only that there's not much planned for the rest of the year, and until the body arrives, there's not a lot going on. It gives me time to get back into AV over the festive period though .

Thank you for the kind words btw Sir, I don't believe Easter's feasible given the delays I've had, but hopefully we'll be ready for round 2 at the end of April...updates soon

Use magic Report

I'm certainly enjoying reading the thread - thanks for keeping us updated

Merry Christmas to you too

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Many thanks read from start to finish, and thoroughly enjoyed and also subscribed.  [emoji3]

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:33:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Santa dropped off one box earlier than expected...
A quite nicely fabricated 2.3 gallon puke tank and mounting kit from S&W Race Cars. There's a fair bit of work goes into these are they're internally baffled and shelved to contain the surcharge of slightly hot oil.

The all important drain plug to help get the emulsified, gloopy, fuel contaminated oil out (not a regular occurrence, we'd empty it perhaps once a weekend if everything's working correctly).

Merry Christmas all .

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:33:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I've just followed this thread but it tickles my engineering funny bone, keep up the good work Chevy.

Use magic Report

Happy New Year chaps

So…what’s going on…

The body, engine, transmission etc are hopefully leaving the US this week. It was meant to be before Christmas, but I’m told there were delays in getting container bookings sorted out. Such is life, it adds another couple of months to the construction programme, but it’s not as if Easter was looking likely anyway.

This week the goodies ordered back in November finally arrived...

The wheels are 15” diameter, 3.5” wide Mickey Thompson Pro-5 ET wheels. Not 100% period correct, but I like them and having had a nightmare trying to get the right spindle mount variant and bearings, it’s just a relief they’re here. The other bits are a mish mash of ARP fasteners, and a new billet brake master cylinder from Strange Engineering. For ease of maintenance and packaging reasons, the reservoir is remote from the body.

Everyone likes a good warning sticker…

Next up…the spare engine, safety items galore, and some funky custom helmet paintwork – piccies soon .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:33:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Unless I completely misunderstand what you are doing, I assume those are the front wheels?  

Use magic Report

Yes! Sorry I didn't mention which end they were going on...
The front wheels are relatively small; 15" diameter and only 3.5" wide, with 23" diameter, 4.5" wide front runner tyres. The rears are 16" x 16" double bead locks, with 34.5" diameter, 17" wide tyres.

Hopefully the tyres, front and rear will appear in a week or so

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:33:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Another possibly dopey question - what makes a race wheel ( the smaller front ones more obviously than the rear) not suitable for road? Obviously not a lack of defects and safety in manufacture. Is it the method of fixing onto the car that would mean fitting it to a road car would require illegal modifications to the axle and hub (and maybe body).

Presumably it isn't just a sticker that everybody agrees is the right thing to say

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部