View: 249|Reply: 3

Winter car/van cover?

[Copy link]
24-11-2019 22:39:43 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Anyone use a cover for their car/van? Got a VW campervan that is now put away for winter (fair weather campers) and was thinking of using a cover for this winter. Seems there are plenty available but not sure what is good and what is utter rubbish? Recommendations would be appreciated.

Looking at something like this;

VW T6 LWB Tailored Car Cover | Volkswagen | Car Covers                                                                                                        VW T6 LWB Tailored Car Cover from our range of Volkswagen, part of our wide collection of Car Covers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.ukcustomcovers.com                                                                               
Thanks.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:39:44 Mobile | Show all posts
If you value your paintwork then maybe think twice as I’ve read that they can scratch badly
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:39:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes that's why I'm after user experience.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:39:46 Mobile | Show all posts
If you rinse any road grit from your vehicle before putting the cover on, as long as the inside of the cover is also clean and fits correctly (no flapping in the wind), there should be no scratching.
I use a teflon-coated indoor cover on my NSX - to protect it from the general dust and grime that you get inside a 100 year old house basement garage, as well as from the cat which loves to walk all over the car.  It's showerproof as well, so can be used outdoors when needed, but is obviously not intended to protect the car outside for long periods.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部