Author: absolutely80s

IS THIS A VALID M.O.T. ADVISORY?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:44:31 Mobile | Show all posts
presumably where you are going with this is that there is a chance it could affect the sale or the sale price and given this is something you are looking to do it's not ideal it being on the MOT.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:44:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Well since it wouldn’t be the done thing to hide an intermittent fault from a potential buyer, having it recorded in the MOT history is admirable I reckon

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:44:31 Mobile | Show all posts
this is exactly the concern.

Update: local independent garage this morning questioned why the tester added the ABS comment when the issue was not experienced during the test. This vindicates the thought I expressed in my OP. Anyway, they are going to do an hour's labour on it tomorrow to see what they can find (plus change one tyre). Chap I spoke with speculated an ABS system issue after I described the metallic clang-like sound I heard. He thinks that's ABS trying to kick in (under normal circumstances, you don't hear anything). The lurch could also be a wheel lock which then prompts the ABS activation. Regarding the original dealer, he has heard negative feedback about their post-sales track record insofar as they tend to try to absolve themselves of upholding (as far as possible) the warranty. Anyway, I look forward to seeing what they find. If nothing major or expensive, I will have them fix it without delay, because the dealer can't see me until next Wednesday. If it's something ominous or pricey, then I look forward to showing the dealer the results of what a third party could find but they could not.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:44:32 Mobile | Show all posts
But this then returns to the point being that Ford replaced a sensor last time, and believed they had fixed the issue. Their position is that, if they do not experience the problems I have reported during the test runs, how can they justify diagnostic time, especially under warranty? Their position is: there's nothing to fix because we didn't experience what you experienced.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:44:32 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd have thought that an ABS error would be logged in the car's diags. Maybe invest in a code reader?

Use magic Report

Sorry I didn’t add a wink as well no issue with the serious side of it all

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:44:32 Mobile | Show all posts
No idea. It's a 2010 vehicle, so I have no idea whether that age of car would "record" the number of times the error comes up during normal driving conditions. Sure, while it's being tested or serviced if it comes up that equipment could then isolate the code, and then localise the source of the problem, but the dealer has consistently said that if it doesn't crop up under their care, how can they fix something that effectively isn't happening?

I'm sure the dealer would have the latest and full range of diagnostic equipment of that nature, so it's not for me to purchase a code reader. It's under warranty, they just need to get on with doing their job properly.

Use magic Report

It would. Every car since 2002, and some before, so that. Often the light is also used for multiple functions. Definitely worth checking.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:44:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Many fault lights come up briefly and don’t get logged IME.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:44:33 Mobile | Show all posts
ok thanks, and noted. but the ABS warning light can't be for anything else, surely? It always appears in tandem with the ESP (stability control) indicator.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部