Author: aVdub

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh Focus or Prius

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:52:53 Mobile | Show all posts
As you do so little mileage I would go for a petrol Focus.  The car landscape will be a very different place in 6 years time.  Get what suits you best for now and the next 3-6 years.  The Prius from almost 10 years ago , though reliable, isn't the most inspiring drive - at least the focus from that era is a slightly better place to sit.  Either car could be fine, or a disaster - just depends on how well it has been maintained before you get it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

I’ve had a Prius and never again. There is only so much scratch recycled plastic one can deal with in their life.

But that wasn’t the worst. The lack of power meant that the engine is screaming when you go up any small incline. Absolutely gutless and noisy.

Never again.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
My Dad is on his 3rd Prius after a focus.  His latest is a plugin hybrid which covers most of his journeys on full electric.  His indicated MPG is over 800 (excluding electric)  He charges it from the solar on his roof so he's quids in.
His previous generations of Prius haven't felt slow or underpowered but then we live in Norfolk so it's pretty flat However it's a barge in comparison to the focus - floating along.
His latest is full of automatic braking etc. and the old one used to irritate him with speed warnings when the maps database was out of date with the current limit.

The final thing to note is the boot space of the Prius is long and shallow and not especially big.
I've had taxis where they've failed to get two large cases and hand luggage in the boot.  His latest plugin has also dispensed with the middle back seat (to my irritation) so now if we go out with my parents I have to take them in my Golf.

On such limited miles I would probably choose the petrol Focus over the Prius as I doubt you'll feel enough fuel saving costs to justify the other compromises.

Use magic Report

Yup on the flats and when hypermiling I got 72mpg out of the Prius. On the slight inclines in the outer metropolitan area we only go just under 50mpg.

Agree with the others. Low mileage like that I think the Focus in petrol is the better choice and much more rewarding to drive.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:52:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you guys, plenty to think about and esp with the Prius being a bit of a lump and poor rear space.
Not much use when the OH want's to take just about everything with us on camping trips

Now due to the OH's friend I have to narrow it down between a Focus Titanium (what I would go for) and a Ford B-Max Titanium (which her friend owns)

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:52:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Keep an eye out for this on the ford.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:52:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Cheers guys, picked up a nice Titanium today.

No water and no coolant issues.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部