View: 274|Reply: 5

Other drivers insurance company left me message to call

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:53:46 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have recently been involved in a accident. Not major, another car pulled into mine. It wasn't my fault and I don't think there is anyway the other driver can get out of it - should be open and closed case. So all good there.

Anyway my car is in for repairs, which have been given the go ahead.

Today I came home to a message left on my phone asking if I could call the other drivers insurance company???

I assume I should not talk to the other insurance company and certainly shouldn't ring them back??

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:53:48 Mobile | Show all posts
I assume until now your insurer has been your point of contact and been directly engaged with the other insurance company? If so, I would initially suggest calling them and asking them to make contact with the other's insurer.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:53:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Nope, that's fine to do. They will want to keep costs as low as possible, so may offer you a different courtesy car or suggest a different repair bodyshop who can do the job more quickly. You don't have to go with their suggestions, but if you attempt to inflate the claim - by using a "friendly" repair centre who give you a kick back (1 real world example, not an accusation) then you can be prosecuted.

Quite often the at fault insurance company will organise everything and just let your insurance company know what's happening.

There's no implication of guilt, so don't worry you are dropping yourself in it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:53:50 Mobile | Show all posts
No reason not to take the call, but no reason not to tell them to contact your insurance company.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:53:50 Mobile | Show all posts
OK thanks all.

My car was taken away by my insurance nearly 3 weeks ago now and left me a with a hire car (due to one tyre being cut on the side wall from trying to avoid the other car coming out the driveway).

My cars repairs have started so too late for their insurer to do anything and obviously the hire car has already been sorted.

One thing that is clear these days. The insurance companies will not risk any comeback later.
The one tyre that hit the curb obviously needs replacing (side wall rip) but the engineer says also the alloy in case of failure at later date. Also the opposite side where the car hit me it scuffed the alloy and tyre - they don't know the exact damage but the engineer has advised replace them

Other than that wing and bumper will need repainting and check underneath for structural damage (plastic wing and bumper so they sprang back out hopefully no damage underneath).

Anyway I talked to my insurance tonight and they said don't bother talking to the other insurer. Just tell them to contact my them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:53:51 Mobile | Show all posts
That's the point about insurance, it's not supposed to leave you with a car that's "nearly good enough", it's supposed to bring your car back to at least the condition prior to the incident, as well as safe.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部