Author: beasty54

Extended test drives

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:57:04 Mobile | Show all posts
If you're buying new, TRL is generally considered the best place to go for deals:
Contacting TRL - babybmw.net

If you wanted an M140, he's got a pretty cracking deal available: M140 Shadow Edition - our UPDATED Q2 2019 PCP Offer - babybmw.net
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:57:04 Mobile | Show all posts
A bit of an update on my test driving mission...

I managed to get VW to agree to let me take a Golf R for a few hours so i booked it in (3 weeks ago) for a test today only to turn up this morning and be told it's been sold!

As well as my short list, i'd had the chance to go in a Lexus UX250h and while it wasn't something i'd considered, it looks to be a real nice car so i wanted to take it for a few hours. All had been agreed for me to take it tomorrow morning but i questioned whether the £1500 excess would only be for an "at fault" accident, apparently it's even if someone were to hit me so i left it.

I've also now found out that since my local Mercedes garage is owned by Listers (same as Lexus) their excess is identical so i won't be taking an A200d out when it arrives either.

I've come to the conclusion that it's more hassle than it's worth and i'll have to make up my mind between the new FWD 1 series BMW, a slightly older 1 Series BMW or the guilty pleasure ... Mini cooper S. I'm still amazed that out of every dealer I've been to, only the Soper BMW/Mini dealer have offered a hassle free way to test a couple of cars, i guess business must be that good everywhere that they don't really need people test driving cars.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:57:04 Mobile | Show all posts
We tried to test drive a Kia Sportage last year but didn't get so far as touching the car as the salesman wanted to sit down and start the finance process before even opening the car.
We were already in the dealership having the wife's Kia Venga serviced and had been thinking of moving up to a roomier car. I explained to the young salesman that seeing if the wife was ok with the higher driving position was the deciding factor but he insisted he wanted to see 'the colour of our money' before showing us the demonstrator.
She now has an XC90.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:57:05 Mobile | Show all posts
I've used the same group that covers all the VAG cars for my last three cars. They have been very good. What I've done is book a test drive initially in the models we liked. If it met our requirements then we always ask for an extended test drive, minimum of four hours.

We had an Audi Q3 booked for a test drive only to have a phone call in the morning telling us the car had been pranged. That was followed an hour or so later to say that they'd managed to get one from their other dealership but we could only have it for a maximum of two hours, which we took up. Landed up ordering the Q3 from them.

The Golf GTD went somewhat smoother, picked it up at 10 in the morning and it had to be back by 5 pm. Dealership was right on the edge of the Brecon Beacons and we had some fun. Got to know the car really well, it was only lacking chassis control which we ordered. Could have took it back after an hour as we both fell in love with it.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部