Back New
Author: psychopomp1

Selling a nearly new car on eBay

[Copy link]
24-11-2019 23:21:50 Mobile | Show all posts
My honest advice is to seriously consider how much depreciation you want to swallow to move to another car. Audi dealers on Autotrader are selling the same car starting at less than £25k for a 2018 car with less than 10k on the clock.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:21:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you sooooo much! Sellcar have offered me £27.2k for it. So have accepted it!
(i don't think any other company is going to beat that).

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:21:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Evan Halshaw offered me £22k

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:21:53 Mobile | Show all posts
I paid £28k for the car last June after trading in my old diesel banger  - a 2005 A4 B7 diesel for £6k under the Audi Diesel Scrappage Scheme. Otherwise would have paid around £34k for it after dealer discounts, list price for the car is £39.5k. God, i miss my old B7 diesel, sometimes used to get 800 miles on a full tank lol

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:21:54 Mobile | Show all posts
I think I deserve half of the difference for that introduction

I accept bank transfer, PayPal, and nearly any crypto currency

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:21:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Now I've seen you only lost £800 with my recommendation...I should get more commission

Seriously, I'm please my recommendation worked out well for you. I wish I knew about them first time around and didn't get chased by all the others who simply don't offer a fair and reasonable valuation.

Saying that, that company only goes after the nicer models and specs. The moment I noticed that you have an Avant Black Edition S-Tronic with effectively the 40TFSI option I just knew they'd be interested...Hope it all goes smoothly.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:21:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok an update. 'sellcar' refused to buy my car as I don't live in the right area (I'm in the Highlands). When I offered to drive the car down to the Central Belt or even North of England they still wouldn't accept that...I suspect they backtracked on the website offer of £27.2k but weren't honest enough to admit it. Anyhow I went with Arnold Clark in the end, their online quotation system offered me £26.6k yesterday and that is what they paid me this afternoon at the local Skoda showroom - they were very straightforward, honest and professional.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:21:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I've heard that from other people as well..

I always try local car dealers as some times you can get a good price.  Otherwise Gumtree, eBay classified car adverts etc

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部