View: 361|Reply: 4

Change of PCP terms mid way and contract on back of GDPR letter

[Copy link]
24-11-2019 23:53:35 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Just received a letter from Alfa yesterday to say there was a new privacy and data policy as a result of GDPR.

Fine have no issues with that however on the letter they have also added/changed some terms to the Pcp contract I have.  The two main ones relate to the addition of as administration fee if the car is returned to them of £139 and changes to the conditions around taking reasonable care of the car.

Reading the small print of the original contact there  doesn't appear to be a section to allow variation of terms like there would be say in a broadband contract.

These new terms apply from the 25th May and I received the letter on the 26th May.

I am not happy about as the whole point of a contract is that you are not allowed to change the t&cs unless there is provision contained within them.

I shall be phoning and writing  to them as I don't want to accept these new terms.

Anybody experienced anything similar?

What's to stop them changing it to be a five hundred return fee or imposing other terms.  I could change the terms in my favour otherwise, perhaps I should...

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:53:36 Mobile | Show all posts
If you are voluntarily terminating and you have paid 50% of the total amount including interest then you aren’t legally obliged to pay a penny more. I arranged collection of my Audi a short while ago and they wanted £75.00 collection fee, I said no and they still collected it.

Similarly with the fair wear and tear, they can’t legally charge you for this. My collector walked around the vehicle once, checked the mileage and drove off. It’s 45 seconds of a job.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:53:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh I completely agree with you I won't be paying any more I just don't like the fact they seem to think they can change the t&cs.  Some people won't challenge it though and will end up paying up.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:53:37 Mobile | Show all posts
I found the information on Legal Beagles very useful in deed for all things concerning VT etc

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:53:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for that I did find that site useful when I was looking at VT will see if there is any more info on "mid Term" changes

I am going to be over mileage on a different car and will be interesting to see how Audi would deal with it especially given Legal Beagles suggest no further payment be necessary and stick your ground!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部