View: 410|Reply: 2

Car Stereo & speaker advise please

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:02:56 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all. I've just got a new (ish) car - Suzuki Celerio (15 plate) and would like to put in a new stereo & speakers. I've got £250 Amazon vouchers to spend, and might be able to stretch a little more if it's definitely worth it. I'd like to get a touchscreen stereo (inc Bluetooth, steering wheel control in place already & USB (the car has a USB slot). I have no idea what to look for. I'm after something that is reasonably loud (doesn't have to be crazy) but a decent sound that doesn't distort/buzz when turned up. Would really appreciate your thoughts/steer on what to get. Thanks all!

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 00:02:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Might be better to post this in the ICE section, but seing as I'm here:

Based on piccies from Suzuki's website i'm assuming you'll want a double DIN stereo to replace the factory double DIN one? In which case you'll need a new fascia like this for £58

....to which you can add any double DIN stereo (useful to have things like iPhone/iPod control and I gather your car already has hands free BT already going by piccies on Suzuki's website).... like this for £105. I would stick with established brands like Alpine, Pioneer, Sony and Kenwood myself - they'll all do the same things and sound similar at this price point of just over £100 and won't break down after 12 months (touchscreens from these 4 brands would usually start at £300 ).
However if you're determined to go the touchscreen route at reduced cost, there's plenty of cheap Chinese android-based tat on Amazon too, like this from that oh-so-well-known company Qiilu for £111 - I've yet to meet one of these all-singing all-dancing headunit's GUI's that isn't slow-as-molasses though (quite a few friends have various makes), which is why I would steer clear of them myself - nothing more frustrating than starting the car and having to wait many minutes before the NAV or GUI has booted up and you can start using the thing imho)

....and I'm assuming the car has a pair of speakers at the front only and is similar to the suzuki swift (so 16-16.5cm coax's should fit) in which case a drop in replacement is most hassle free to install, like this for £45

....which leaves you £36-42 left over depending on the headunit you choose. If you wanted to add a bit of bass it would be easy to add a cheap sub as well for £95 but that would be over your budget (not the deepest bass in the world but more than enough for a small car and easily hidden in the boot so good vfm at the price).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:02:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you, great feedback, food for thought. There are speakers in the back too
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules